Subject: Elder Sign ,dice rolls & favorite variants. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
robert kalin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently had a chance to play elder sign. Although dice rolling is a big part of the game the playing cards and 'task' are even moreso. But without the cards There are an element I thought would be neato to implement into arkham express.

A. Reroll at the cost of -1 die
This would affect non combat die rolls.
So the first time you would roll the 5 die, then 4, then 3. This makes each successive role even more difficult to achieve your goals, wether it is to fight or to heal.

Possibly start with a die roll of 4 die instead of 5. This would increase difficulty considerably as each successive die roll becomes even HARDER to say 'heal' or 'gain clue tokens'.

I hardly get a chance to play games anymore. If anyone can test this concept out to increase difficulty then I would love it.

What other 'Variants' are out there that people have used successfully to 'ramp up' the difficulty or 'fun' of the gameplay?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Roop
United States
Three Rivers
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
check out my mythos die and my monsters variants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.