Subject: Focus/Assist then use clue token? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
So, let's say that I just failed a task, but wanted to save one result. Could I focus/assist and then re-roll what is left, using a clue token? I am guessing no, but didn't see anything specific.

Also, I gather that if I fail a task I don't need to set aside the one dice, if I am using a clue token? It is essentially a do-over, and not a true task fail.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duffy
United States
Phoenixville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Mr Worf.....Fire!
mbmbmbmbmb
My take a) No, you haven't failed yet if you're re-rolling using a clue b) Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Collins
United States
Seymour
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
@majmalfunction
mbmbmbmbmb
If you spend a clue token you don't need to focus as you only reroll the dice you choose to reroll. You can keep 2 good results then roll all the failing dice if you wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...thought I ran into a situation where focusing, then using the clue token was potentially useful. Maybe with an arrowed card? Might need to file this in the dumb rule question bin. Thanks forbthe replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smile Widely

New York
msg tools
You're probably actually thinking of a spell card. The spell card allows you to focus a die, without needing to fail. Therefore, you can lock a die out of the pool, and then use your clue that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiger Wiccan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kawarazu wrote:
You're probably actually thinking of a spell card. The spell card allows you to focus a die, without needing to fail. Therefore, you can lock a die out of the pool, and then use your clue that way.

Actually, technically, I think you would put whatever dice aside you don't want to reroll, reroll the rest, THEN choose what di(c)e to put on the spell. Six of one, though, I suppose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.