Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
I found a site that offers one booster box of each of the three sets for $45, and another $15 for shipping (bleh). So $60, all told.

Two questions:

1. Is this a good deal?

2. Is this a good way to get into Hecatomb? Ideally I'd like to build a number of decks (at least 4) with good variety and reasonable balance, and then never buy any more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mitchell
United States
Elk Grove
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the game page this price is just below average so that's good. They also have some reviews so all the information you are looking for is available.

I have a bunch of cards (which are cool) but have never played. The booster boxes I got seemed to have a good variety of cards so I would assumes this is a good way to get into the game.

The cards are a weird shape so I have mine stored in a cd carrying case. Worked great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Style Over Substance
badge
"In loving memory of Mariel."
mb
CD carrying case! Excellent idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I wish I could leave my bones and my skin and float over the tired, tired sea, so that I could see you again
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Spoon!
badge
Well, once again we find that clowning and anarchy don't mix.
mbmbmbmbmb
With the shipping, it's not a great price, but it's not terrible. I wouldn't be surprised if you could buy or trade for a collection cheaper--if you can wait for an opportunity to come up.

One booster of Blanket of Lies will get you very near a full set of that expansion. You will still be short a lot of rares and some uncommons for the base set and Last Hallow's Eve.

You will get more than enough to play the game, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John H
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I managed a full set of Blanket of Lies on a single booster box.

The art and shape of the cards cannot be described as anything less than unique. The play style - though I haven't conned anyone into playing the actual game - has been described to me as similar to MtG.

I'm just 15 or so cards away from a complete collection (1 from base and the rest from Last Hallow's Eve)

I've got a sealed booster box of Blanket of Lies, and a ton of extra commons/uncommons/rares if you're interested in picking some up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The more I look into this game, the more I desire it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.