Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shayne Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the thrill of opening a new game and checking out the components. But, I like to keep it in shrink until I'm ready to give it a whirl. Because I'm also buying games a little too fast I have built up some games that are still in shrink.

Games I have that are still unopened.

Descent: The Road to Legend
Descent: The Well of Darkness
Descent: The Altar of Despair
Descent: The Tomb of Ice
Descent: The Sea of Blood
I bought all the Descent expansions when I saw that they were going OOP and I wanted to have them since I am really enjoying the base game. They will get opened as I work my way through the game.

D-Day at Omaha Beach
This one, I just got for my Birthday been searching for awhile for it and my wife and father-in-law surprised me with it. I will be opening this one very soon!

Railways of the World
Caylus
These were also birthday gifts.

Notre Dame
Stronghold
Letters from Whitechapel
Age of Industry
Arkham Horror: Dunwich Horror Expansion

I just sold a handful of magic cards that I don't use to CSI and now I have an additional 9 games on the way!surprise

Oh man is that a lot of in shrink games! I think I need to take some vacation off work to play them!

How many in shrink games do you have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mostly just stuff I have thrifted, or a handful of wargames I only purchased so I could play them online, like WWII:BtB and Here I Stand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Digman
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Testing...1 2 3
mbmbmbmbmb
I have three games in shrink...

1) Leonardo da Vinci which I picked up on the cheap and hope to play
2) California which I received as a present to play with my wife
3) BattleLore: Call to Arms which I received as a sweetner on a math trade, and the friend I thought would like it...already had it.

I also have some games/expansions not in shrink, that I have not yet played
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Game waiting for my wife to agree, since I picked it up for her
Arkham Horror: Miskatonic Horror Expansion waiting for the next time the game gets played

But I believe that most games should be played before getting new games, and expansions are not new games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Tadyshak
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Who keeps games in shrink wrap?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
In shrink wrap?

That's... bizarre. I can't open my games fast enough, especially if I know it'll be months before I ever get a chance to play them. Hell, on those rare occasions when I drive somewhere and buy games, the shrink wrap doesn't survive the car ride home (give me some thumb love if you've ever prayed for the light to stay red a moment longer so you could take a peek at the rule book!).

I have a problem. And I don't have a problem with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Koeppen
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
LEGO: Hopeful for new 'Castle' sets in 2015!
badge
Games: Regarding my favorite theme of 'Fantasy', I'm hoping for fewer 'card' games and more 'board' games.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty sure I only have one game unopened in shrink wrap. That game is Caverns Deep. I also have Witch's Caldron, though not in shrink, which is along the same type of game. They are mainly glorified Ral Partha miniature boxed sets with a simple game attached. I really haven't felt a need to open Caverns Deep yet, but the Witch's Caldron figures are very nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just one:
MTV: The Game

It was a door prize, and I haven't felt like playing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Barree
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
General Bonkers says the War on String may be unwinnable. Detractors worry that his statements will embolden string.
mbmbmbmbmb
None. But I do have three expansions still in shrink:

Dominion: Alchemy
Reef Encounter of the Second Kind
Steam: Map Expansion #1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stanton
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In shrink? None
Most of my games don't even start off in shrink as they come from thrifting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
Nothing except a few AGot LCG booster packs I haven't opened yet.

Who keeps things in shrink? Perverse, man. If I can't play with it, I'm gonna damn well touch it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron
United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
If they are purchased from a FLGS, the games I purchase are naked before I even get home. What can I say, I move fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I open my games as soon as I get them, look at the components, checking the manual. I can´t leave them alone in shrink!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genghis Ahn
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Sometimes You Are Wrong !
badge
Coolest Promo Ever ! Stonewall Lives
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot, probably somewhere between 1/3 to 1/2 of my games are still in shrink.

Mostly because I bought them after playing with someone I know whose copy we use but I liked the game enough to buy it just in case.

Especially, for those I suspect will be going out of print.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eatem wrote:
I open my games as soon as I get them, look at the components, checking the manual. I can´t leave them alone in shrink!!!

This, with the addition that first thing I do is double-check that I have everything that should be in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game
Chaos in the Old World
Chaos in the Old World: The Horned Rat Expansion

All still in shrink. All recent purchases. I'm just waiting for my FLGS to get enough stock of FFG sleeves so I can have those ready when I finally open these games.

Yes, I wait to sleeve a game (if it is sleeve-able) before playing it. You can thank my OCD for that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phisto Nation
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mb
Just one : StarCraft: The Board Game

It was lonely and unwanted...so I picked it up for $50. Now it's like a fine wine, aging elegantly ready to be opened some day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Marie
New Zealand
flag msg tools
badge
The most beautiful things in nature stay that way because most humans are too lazy to ruin them ...
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
eatem wrote:

This, with the addition that first thing I do is double-check that I have everything that should be in the box.

These, as well as punch out the counters!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Adel Verplicht.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
None till my box from funagain shows up today. I went on tilt and ordered new York Lancaster el grande and hansa teutonica.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atilla Kármán
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't help opening them as soon as possible. It' usually when I left the store, or in the car, and there was an occasion when I opened a game right after I handed over the cash for the cashier
I always open my games even if I know they won't be played in months. I need to inspect the components, read the rules punch the bits, and find a decent way to sort and store them.

There was 2 occasions when I bought games for investment. Of course they stayed in the shrinkwrap
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert martin
United States
Douglassville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I always open my new games. To check if everything is there and the counters are good and map and charts are in good shape. Most inportant is if any thing has to be replaced I like to do it early after the buy to make sure I get replacement parts before the company runs out of parts.It's only happened a few times , but why take a chance. Just my thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
I have none. I open my games immediately like a kid on Christmas morning. I look at all the components, flip through the rules, glance at the player aids. I don't think I could sleep knowing there was an unopened game in my house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Opening the games to make sure that everything is there is a good idea, that did not occur to me. I've only ever had one issue with a game and that was a damaged game board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3:
Dominant Species
Merchants & Marauders
Cyclades

But I got them today, together with Race for the Galaxy, so that's not surprising.

Blah: Oh, and I also got Monopoly City but only because that's what I saw in a store than I had been thinking about getting some board game for a while, so I picked it up before I had watched what was popular on Amazon and ended up on BoardGameGeek and hence found all the other games. The idea was to return it (since you all complain about it ) but the receipt was lost in the car or something so it's still here and shrink wrapped but still not returned.
HuginnGreiling wrote:
If I can't play with it, I'm gonna damn well touch it.
I hear you man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
ZERO...I pop the shrink the second I get home. Then I de-sprue, collate, inventory, and baggy the whole works. If there are missing parts, I return it for another copy. If all is good, then I print out player aides or what nots, and prepare the game for "playing". Anything else is a sin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.