Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Worthington has said the second installment of the Battle Command series, the Mercury/Market-Garden pairing, will be out in November/December.

Michael Rinella
Designer, Battle Command Series
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Goss
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael,
Wonderful news! I love your Anzio/Cassino game and look forward to Mercury/Market Garden!
Are there any plans for future games in the Battle Command Series after M/M?
Thanks and all the best,

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes there will be future games in the series.

A game on Operation Battleaxe (June 1941/North Africa) has been finished for some time. But things have stalled designing the other North Africa title.

I do intend to do a Pacific pairing. I have all the research for a Japanese invasion of Hong Kong game (December 1941) finished. It's just a matter of designing it. I'm not entirely sure what the other title will cover, but I want it to be an Allied landing.

A pair of Eastern Front games is inevitable

There is some thought about doing a "winter" pairing, with one of the games being the siege of Bastonge (sp?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
From Worthington:

Market Garden/Mercury has been printed. I have reviewed them and the game maps and counters look amazing. We will be be making this available for preorder soon and post some images as soon as we clear our current preorder list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And now uploaded. There's plenty to examine.

http://www.worthingtongames.com/detailMM.html

I think we've worked out a lot of the wrinkles that appeared in the first Battle Command release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael, does the advent of the new game change any of the rules in the Anzio game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Anzio/Cassino has its own clarifications at this point.

It seems there's been a bump in the road: while everything is finished, printed, etc., there's been some delay with - from what I understand anyway - getting the Mercury/Market-Garden game posted as a "pre-order" at the Worthington Website. So the release date is now looking like late January/early February. This is simply to give people a window to order the game at reduced price. Every component, including the entire rulebook for both games, is currently posted for viewing. You can see it all, and decide to buy - or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Regulski
United Kingdom
LEEDS
ENGLAND
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
YES i would like to...if i could via a British Game store..

Regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.