Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that Ares Games has picked up the rights to War of the Rings last month, does anyone want to bet they'll put out a new and improved limited edition?

Seems to me with everyone kicking themselves having missed out on the first run, there's a market out there for another redux, maybe even better! The hinged lid on the original was far too fragile!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if so I will be selling my extra copy......I made around 10k buying and flipping multiple copies the first time around

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not this again. Roberto said it was going to be one and done for the CE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
mhutton wrote:
if so I will be selling my extra copy......I made around 10k buying and flipping multiple copies the first time around

I made more money through having a real job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to confess that I would greatly enjoy reading the rage threads if they did. I think it is immensely unlikely, but some kind of delux edition, eg with prepainted minis, must be an outside possibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Anderson
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
badge
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
mbmbmbmbmb
schkff wrote:
I have to confess that I would greatly enjoy reading the rage threads if they did. I think it is immensely unlikely, but some kind of delux edition, eg with prepainted minis, must be an outside possibility.

I believe it was stated that Nexus would never release another collector's edition, but now that Nexus is no longer the one producing it, I see no reason why they couldn't do a 'revised collector's edition'... not to say that they will, or that they are even thinking about it, but I don't feel as though the promise has to be honored by the new company...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, there really was no shortage of copies of this special edition when it came out, and a long long run up giving people who wanted it ample time to order. It's in the nature of Collector's Editions that once it's out of print a person might be able to sell it for a profit on the eBay.

And I don't know the poster, but it is conceivable that a person could profiteer on collectibles and still make contributions to the pore ole boardgaming community.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chance of a Re-Print
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Finch
United Kingdom
BERKSHIRE
flag msg tools
badge
Rule changes for tonight's game:-
mbmbmbmbmb
schkff wrote:

I think it would have a much greater implication than (just) the righteous anger of those of us who purposefully went without purchasing other games, other luxury items etc in order to balance the books/convince our other halves over the expense of the CE. To me, it would greatly undermine the concept of the high value limited or collectable edition of a game for the industry as a whole: no one would take a publisher at their word that they really mean it and their special edition "won't be another WotR:CE".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As an owner of the CE, it wouldn't particularly put me out if other people had the opportunity to purchase the thing I purchased, which they might not have been able to afford, or might not have been aware of back when I purchased it.

Like, it's not a competition.

Edit: oh, but I don't think it's happening at all. At least, not anytime soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Klecko
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mhutton wrote:

Gonna raise the bull**** flag on this one ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
magic gecko
Australia
Melbin Oz
flag msg tools
It aint happening.

Get over it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about just another reprint, but not with the figures painted? I'd like to have it with the original and expansion combined but don't care to pay the extra money for the painted figures (as long as they make each race a different color). Think this will happen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
magic gecko
Australia
Melbin Oz
flag msg tools
It aint happening.

What is happening...
1) The Basic Set ( Version 2 ) will be printed.
2) The Expansion will be redesigned.
3) The Expansion (without the bonus games) will be printed.

Don't hold your breath for any of these steps....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, step 1 at least is not so far in the future... the game is in production now and we expect it to ship from the factory around october, 20th, to be available in the USA around the end of november.

The next steps are not yet on a timeline, but Magic is right in that they will be the next ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.