Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just curious as to how long others here in the States tend to wait for some of your international purchases and trades to arrive in the mail?

I prefer to stick to the States myself, but lately I've been ordering a few things off of ebay that have been coming from mostly England, and the delivery times have varied a bit but usually not more than a week or so, except for one from Australia that never arrived at all. Currently I'm waiting on a purchase (only a single metal miniature) from England that still hasn't arrived after 2 weeks, but I'm hesitant to contact the seller yet since I know that international mail can supposedly take longer.

So what's your experience with international mail, particularly from the UK? And when do you start to worry?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From Austria (that would be central Europe) my experience is that shipping to the USA usually needs 10-14 days. However, I had cases that needed 6 Weeks to arrive for whatever unknown reason. So I wouldn't worry yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UnluckyNumber wrote:
I was just curious as to how long others here in the States tend to wait for some of your international purchases and trades to arrive in the mail?

I prefer to stick to the States myself, but lately I've been ordering a few things off of ebay that have been coming from mostly England, and the delivery times have varied a bit but usually not more than a week or so, except for one from Australia that never arrived at all. Currently I'm waiting on a purchase (only a single metal miniature) from England that still hasn't arrived after 2 weeks, but I'm hesitant to contact the seller yet since I know that international mail can supposedly take longer.

So what's your experience with international mail, particularly from the UK? And when do you start to worry?

i would say about 2 weeks. once passed, there is nothing wrong w/ sending a short email just asking perhaps when the item was shipped out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.