Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Computer Based Board Gaming » BrettspielWelt (BSW)

Subject: How to create game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've figured out how to join a game in BrettspielWeit, but can't figure out how to create a new game. Can someone help me out?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You just need to go into an empty room, However are you useing game manager or are you useing the meta-world?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just login to my ID, click on the "more >>" button then select "Stone Age". When I do that, it shows games others have created and games in progress, but I don't see how to create my own empty game. Am I missing something?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
When I do that, it shows games others have created and games in progress, but I don't see how to create my own empty game.
You see rooms with games in progess (blue), rooms where people have opened a table and are looking for players (green), and empty rooms (brown). Just click onto an empty room (no, you can't create new rooms). With "intitate game", you enter the room and issue a search for players. (if you want to play with friends you know, just "enter room" instead)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I'm an idiot because I just don't get it. devil I'm sitting in the stone age lobby now and i can see games that are blue, brown, etc... but I don't see where I can initiate a game or issue a search for players. I see a players wanted button on the left but that's it. How do I create a green game that others can join? Where's the initiate game button located?

I should also note that I'm doing this through the web interface, not the downloadable client.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have a chat area below the manager screen? If not, resize your game window (make it higher) to show it.

In the manager, you don't see games, but rooms where you can play the game. If you click on one of the brown rows, an information area like this one should appear at the botoom of the manager screen, above the chat area:

The button to start a new game is one of the buttons to the right.

The help pages for the manager are here
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, It's making sense now. I just clicked on a brown room and did an "initiate game". I don't quite understand what the "location" means though and I've spent almost 30 minutes sitting at a table of Stone Age with no on joining so I'm not sure I did it right. This is way harder than it should be to find other to play a game. So, did I do this right? Find an empty table (brown), click initiate game and then just wait? Also, can someone explain what "Location" means? I just see a garbled mess of C222-20 Rockspielt Wilmaaaa.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Location refeers to the meta world. The C222 refers to a city and the 20 after the - is what room in the town it is. There should bee a popup where you can intialize a shoutut for players too if I remember correctly
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
virre wrote:
Location refeers to the meta world. The C222 refers to a city and the 20 after the - is what room in the town it is. There should bee a popup where you can intialize a shoutut for players too if I remember correctly

Got it, so in order to create a room you have to have a city, otherwise you just use other city's empty rooms and initiate a game...correct?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance; the same description may be applied to the best, most elegant and both intellec
badge
and aesthetically satisfying games. By being unknowable, by resulting from events which, at the sub-atomic level, cannot be fully predicted, the future remains malleable, and retains the possibility of change, the hope of coming to prevail; victory.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
virre wrote:
Location refeers to the meta world. The C222 refers to a city and the 20 after the - is what room in the town it is. There should bee a popup where you can intialize a shoutut for players too if I remember correctly

Got it, so in order to create a room you have to have a city, otherwise you just use other city's empty rooms and initiate a game...correct?

I love how simple, accessible and intuitive BSW can be.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Destroyer of Islands
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:

Got it, so in order to create a room you have to have a city, otherwise you just use other city's empty rooms and initiate a game...correct?

Yes, that's correct. If you actually want to create a room there is more to it than that, but if all you want to do is play, just use the ones that are already there.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kreikkaturkulainen wrote:
skyzero wrote:
virre wrote:
Location refeers to the meta world. The C222 refers to a city and the 20 after the - is what room in the town it is. There should bee a popup where you can intialize a shoutut for players too if I remember correctly

Got it, so in order to create a room you have to have a city, otherwise you just use other city's empty rooms and initiate a game...correct?

I love how simple, accessible and intuitive BSW can be.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls