Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How are other players handling the Mimic ability with the one time use of "Plot Twist"or the rerolled heart result of " Psychic Probe"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my gameā€¦ when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mimic says "This card counts as a duplicate of that card as if it just had been bought".

So I would say you discard the Mimic card if you decide to use those abilities (the other player's card remains). Perhaps not the best use of Mimic.

If the copied card is used by the other player first and thus leaves play, then you can choose a new card to Mimic as explained in the rulebook blurb about Mimic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soosy wrote:
Mimic says "This card counts as a duplicate of that card as if it just had been bought".

So I would say you discard the Mimic card if you decide to use those abilities (the other player's card remains). Perhaps not the best use of Mimic.

Ahhh, that makes senses.

Quote:
If the copied card is used by the other player first and thus leaves play, then you can choose a new card to Mimic as explained in the rulebook blurb about Mimic.

My question about " Psychic Probe" is actually similar to the "Plot Twist" question which you've already graciously answered.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cheez lt
msg tools
Due to the excessive price of Mimic I would say you only lose the mimicking of the card, the Mimic token and can pay 1 energy cube to mimic it once again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheezlt wrote:
Due to the excessive price of Mimic I would say you only lose the mimicking of the card, the Mimic token and can pay 1 energy cube to mimic it once again.

No, due to the excessive price of Mimic, you should darn well pay attention to what you are copying so you don't purposely waste 8 energy of a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.