Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David Julien is the artist responsible for the Honneur & Patrie counters. He also made an independent PNP scenario called Checkpoint Calvi with modern French counters. Thought I'd post the link as a teaser of his work in H&P.

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/62036/check-point-calvi-en...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
llooks like a cool scenario!
2ème Régiment Etranger de Parachutistes.
1er Régiment de Hussards Parachutistes
TIC2H3:
those dam rebels!!
Great West Rebel forces.
will all of these force be available in the new expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, wasn't trying to imply that, just teasing folks. Sorry for the confusion, Kev.

Not that I had anything to do with the scenario, but from Googling, it's a real incident from 2003, 18 years after H&P, 10 years after Day of Heroes. Probably the most modern LNL game system counters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David JULIEN
France
LYON
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

Mark, thank you very much to linked CPC to Honneur & Patrie. You're right some arts done for CPC are used or transformed for H&P.

CPC is a one shot scenario for free and for fun. No of these forces will be include in H&P.

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course that is true.

But, while waiting for H&P, perhaps we can still use the French Calvi counters (original OR expanded scenario) to make our own little preliminary H&P scenario? I’ll use my original Checkpoint Calvi French counters, which I made before the expanded version was posted. They do look different than the H&P counters, quite a bit darker. But, they’ll do for now. H&P expands Heroes of the Gap. So, I’ll get my bad guys from there. May as well use the WG squad, too. H&P uses the Heroes of the Blitzkried maps. So will I, too. And, if I have to pull out HotB, I may as well use its rubber boat counters and rules.

CHECKPOINT CHARLY
French Foreign Legionnaires are deployed at a bridge crossing over a minor river, near the border, backstopping the West Germans. The war is still many kilometers away. Or, is it?

Use HotB map 26. Oriented so "26" is in the NE corner.

France. Set up first.
Adc Mitchell , 1 x 2-6-4, 1 x Minimi, 1 x 12.7 mm WT: 26C4.
1 x medic, 2 x 2-6-4, 1 x ANF-1, 1 x ABL: 26C2.
1 x ERC-90: 26H7
1 x 2-5-4 (West Germans), 1 x MG-3: 26B4.

French and WG’s may not move first turn.

Soviets. Set up on side of the river, opposite the French. Cannot set up on East edge (1/2 hex row "A"). They would have been spotted well before attack begins.
Maj. Petrov
Sgt. Trinov
6 x 3-3-4
5 x 2-3-4
2 x PKM
1 x RPK
2 x RPG-16
11 x Rubber Boats

Have initiative on Turn One.

Length and Victory conditions

Soviets win if they control the bridge (26B4) at the end of Turn Three.

>>Edited so you people can't exploit setup loopholes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.