Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to combine some of my games into single boxes

I'm sure there are posts here showing the same thing I'm looking to do, could someone point me to the right posts please.

I would like to take the smaller games and make or buy a box to fit them in, as you all know some of the games use boxes that are far too big for the components and take up storage space.
I'm not looking to buy a big storage contianer and throw all my games in it just want to combine few smaller games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Tritone

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have an Office Depot handy, check out their 4-packs of white cardboard boxes for about $6.50. These fold-and-assemble boxes have a lid with 3 flaps that tuck down inside the box. They are 12"W x 9"D by 2" tall. I've been putting my Victory Point games in these boxes and they seem to be just right.

The boxes are made for shipping, so look in their "shipping department". They have a lot of different size boxes, including a 2-pack of similar (but taller) 12x9x5 boxes.

Here's a link http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/306682/Office-Depot-Br... with a pic of what they look like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Link
United States
Snowmass Village
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
There's also some ideas at Hobby Lobby.
http://shop.hobbylobby.com/search/default.aspx?CFID=2076475&...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing that would save a lot of space is to put your Carcassonne and expansions into one box. You can use the base game box. Go to the file section under the base and print out the tuckboxes for each the tile for each expansion and the base game, remove the insert from the base box (or cut it down as I did) and put everything in there. The tuckboxes are very nice by the way.

I have also reduced box size on a few games by placing everthing in a clear arcylic Ultrapro deck box. You can cut out part of the box and place it in the deck box to identify it. I've done this or seen this done with Citadels, Once Upon a Time, Schotten Totten, Race for the Galaxy, and some PnP stuff.

I have heard of people combining multiple games into a single game box temporarily for long trips like a cruise. Basically, components are bagged and you try to fit as many games in a single box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I may still save the boxes and store them in the attic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nasipak
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll admit to temptation on this front.

I have, for example, the Alhambra Big Box, and would love to pack that into a smaller footprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I recently sold my base Alhambra and expansions and picked up the Alhambra Big Box, and I find myself in the same position. I love the Big Box and the tray for everything is excellent (except for that one well in expansion 5 that isn't deep enough), but is has made my Alhambra decidedly non-portable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too find the big box a problem for travel, love the box layout as you folks have said, I may rebox that as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see a thread for reboxing multiple games, so I could see other ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.