Subject: Zombie Serum: Single-Use and Does-Work-On-Frank rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing on the "Zombie Serum" card or glossary tells you to discard it after making a zombie. But Scenario 4 has a special rule that suggests it normally would be discarded. I prefer to discard it - hope you and your opponents can agree amicably.

Also Frank... I assume he can't be raised when killed, but I wouldn't want to rely on the rules to convince you. Because in every other way (Jeff; Zombie Control Device) I think he is treated as not-a-zombie.

Changed thread title to reflect better information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lear
United Kingdom
Lewes
Sussex
flag msg tools
With skill his story will unfold
mbmbmb
Re: Zombie Serum: Single-Use and Not-On-Frank [OPINION ONLY?]
Terah wrote:
Nothing on the "Zombie Serum" card or glossary tells you to discard it after making a zombie. But Scenario 4 has a special rule that suggests it normally would be discarded. I prefer to discard it - hope you and your opponents can agree amicably.

Also Frank... I assume he can't be raised when killed, but I wouldn't want to rely on the rules to convince you. Because in every other way (Jeff; Zombie Control Device) I think he is treated as not-a-zombie.

The Zombie Serum card has a 1-shot ammo icon at the top-left, which makes it single use. See p 23 "Special Items with Limited Number of Uses".
When Franck is dead, he is a cadaver, good for making zombies out of. He doesn't come back as Franck, though. See p43 "Zombie Serum".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Zombie Serum: Single-Use and Not-On-Frank [OPINION ONLY?]
Thanks for that. Missed the 1-ammo on the Zombie Serum. I was looking for a "discard this card" icon, like on the Secret Files. Since it's expressed as "ammo" it seems the Zombie Serum is one-attempt (even if the test fails you lose the Serum).

Regarding re-animating Frank page 43 says "A Dead zombie cannot be reanimated as a zombie again." Trivially this applies to Zombie 1 & 2. I searched some more and found in the character backgrounds that Jack Saw is "type: Zombie", so he cannot be reanimated. But Frank is "type: Reanimated Being" which may be some fine distinction away from being a zombie.

Edited to strike out wrongness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombie Serum: IS SINGLE *USE*
Hey Geeks, I'm disappointed; I've been wrong for months and no-one corrected me. "Special Items with Limited Numbers of Uses" (page 23) makes it clear that only SUCCESSFUL tests use up "ammo" on an item, different to how ammo works for weapons. So the Zombie Serum is single USE (not single ATTEMPT).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.