Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
About an hour ago, I'm sitting here in my living room when I look to see what the heck my dog keeps sniffing. Turns out there's a live opossum laying there, using my wife's purse as a pillow. The friggin' dog had caught it in the backyard and come inside with it (there's a doggie door that gives him unlimited access to the backyard).

Apparently I must have let out some sort of yell/utterance that made it sound like I was having a heart attack, as my wife yelled down asking what was wrong/if I needed to go to the ER. She later mentioned she had never heard my voice acquire that tone before! Apparently it's not often that I use my "Holy crap there's a possum in my living room" voice.

Thank God that opossums play opossum when you're shoveling them into a box rather than freaking the heck out, but good grief do those things smell and look nasty. I put the box out by the curb, so I'll see in the morning whether it was playing or if it really was half dead. My dog, one of those big mean killing-machine pitbulls, was probably dumb enough to just play around with it rather than actually kill it. When I set the box outside and opened it, the possum was sitting there looking at me.

I think the doggie door will be going away soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
And here I thought this was going to be about PayPal...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
I put the box out by the curb

Right, because he was probably just waiting for his ride.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
Gola wrote:
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
I put the box out by the curb

Right, because he was probably just waiting for his ride.

He probably won't pay for his share of dinner either... an opossum can be quite douchy.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience they are very mean, so it is good you got a docile one.

I made sure I was well away when one fell into a trash can and someone tipped it over to let him out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
I've made that sound before.

When I came home and found a raccoon in my apartment.

Fight or flight? Definitely flight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But... but...

If it was a racoon, why would you use your 'Holy crap there's a possum in my living room' voice? Surely that would be the 'Holy crap there's a raccoon in my apartment' voice, which as we all know is 1.7% lower octave...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Possums, PayPal fraud...You are having an interesting week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But it still had its head?

Pffft!.....................Lightweight/lame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
MWChapel wrote:

And we played King of Tokyo!

Quote:
My dog, one of those big mean killing-machine pitbulls, which is more likely to kill you by whacking you with its tail or by jumping up on you when it is excited to see you than it is to ever bite, . . .

FTFY.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

At least the Paypal fraud wasn't on my end of the deal! I was the recipient of $10,000, while this poor guy suddenly had a $10,000 charge to his credit card! Thankfully, the guy that got screwed got the payment reversed, and I just closed the Game Ink Paypal account afterward so I don't have to deal with such things again.

I've now blocked off the doggie door so I don't have to deal with possum (or squirrels, raccoons, and rabbits, for that matter) in my house again either. Now I just have to let the dog out a few times a day...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:

I think I would have rather it been decapitated. Then I wouldn't have been worried about it suddenly trying to scamper off while disposing of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
rmartinc wrote:
In my experience they are very mean, so it is good you got a docile one.

I made sure I was well away when one fell into a trash can and someone tipped it over to let him out.

It might have actually been half dead for all I know. However, the box is empty today, so either it scampered off or the neighbor's cat found it and drug it over to their house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:

I think I would have rather it been decapitated. Then I wouldn't have been worried about it suddenly trying to scamper off while disposing of it.

My other experience with an opossum was a dead one that showed up in the flower garden. I was very careful that it was actually dead while throwing it out into the woods. I understand your worry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Holzgrafe
United States
Happy Valley
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"the understandably frightening and chimeric semicolon" -- HiveGod
mbmbmbmbmb
We have recently been plagued with a raccoon that can open the cat-door that leads from the side yard into the garage, where we kept a convenient trash pail that he likes to raid.

The really annoying part of this is that the cat door is the kind with a magnetically-operated latch, specifically designed to keep out anything not wearing a collar magnet. The raccoon is not wearing a collar magnet; I've seen him. He's just very good with those little clawed hands.

We blocked the cat door with 100 lbs. of water kegs for a week, and replaced the old plastic garbage pail with a new one, cleverly equipped with an alarm that screams if you open the lid without defusing the alarm beforehand.

So far, no alarms. (Cross fingers.)

And yes, I've had to chase those buggers out of the house before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They like veggies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
opossums are gross
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.