Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

When I picked up my painted minis from BGG user JayAdan, I noticed that the little piece that hangs under Gideon's right arm had bent due to the fact that it's connected to the main figure by such a tiny piece of plastic. Jay said that he could try either pinning it or attaching it via a string, but that it would be fragile either way.

He did eventually reattach it with a small piece of string, but cautioned that it was still fragile due to its poor design. While playing the game this past week, the small piece broke off from under his right arm. I'm tempted to just leave it off and touch up the area where it was attached.

What have the rest of you done with that piece? I suppose I could reattach it elsewhere on his armor once I found a good place for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It reminds me a little of the long, fragile antennae on the 1st Ed terminators. They *always* broke off, and when they did, meh, just threw them away. I will probably to the same to these minis. They're pretty for sure, but not entirely practical.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
しんぶん赤旗
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use older metal figures but if I ever went to paint the 3rd edition figures I would shave off a lot of the little trinkets that they are plastered with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vanessa Simek
United States
Wilmington
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh so YOU are the lucky fellow who got his minis! I've been painting my own set on YouTube and had been following Jay's every video while he was painting yours.

That is a very weak point for that model, and sadly I don't think much can be done to re-attach it...I thick Jay had a good notion of using thread and glue...maybe give that another go? Or, you can optionally file the stub down to the chalice and re-attach for a larger glue point...or glue elsewhere on the mini. No harm would be done by leaving it off the model though.

No-one will notice though with those kick-ass minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
5 min epoxy, not pretty, and needs some paint to touch up, but solid.

Peace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With plastic pieces, polystyrene cement will form a much stronger bond than an expoxy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.