William Baldwin
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Beggar -

Place a Meeple lying down in a city in which you have a Meeple already instead of playing a Meeple. Whenever you add a tile to expand that city, gain 1 VP.

Wenches -

Place a Meeple lying down on a road on which you have a Meeple already instead of playing a Meeple. Whenever you add a tile to expand that road, gain 1 VP.

First known by the less politically correct terms, Bums and Hookers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susie_Cat
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Beggar -

Place a Meeple lying down in a city...

Awwww - doesn't the wench get the city? The cobbly streets of Carcassonne must be terribly uncomfortable to do the business on!

Susie_Cat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Baldwin
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The original idea was that wenches worked at inns which were on roads. However, I don't think limiting the wenches to roads with inns was worth the play of the meeple so I just made it all roads.

Have fun with it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quick Tator
Germany
flag msg tools
i also made a whole mini expansion called the beggars. 12 new landtiles. no extra material needed. After 100 of testgames it works fluently in the base game and with all expansions... You can find it here:

http://www.flippy-life.de/en/die-bettler-eine-minierweiterun...

The rules are in german, but the tiles are working in all languages...

...have fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like your expansion. The images on your site show a tile with a beggar hut inside the city, not included in the pdf file. Could you post it here?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Willi B wrote:
Beggar -

Place a Meeple lying down in a city in which you have a Meeple already instead of playing a Meeple. Whenever you add a tile to expand that city, gain 1 VP.

Wenches -

Place a Meeple lying down on a road on which you have a Meeple already instead of playing a Meeple. Whenever you add a tile to expand that road, gain 1 VP.

First known by the less politically correct terms, Bums and Hookers.

Ha. Agree with Susie that beggars and wenches should be reversed, thematically. The beggar sits by the side of the road, and the wench works the city.

Also, I think this would be considerably more interesting if you could do this to other players' roads / cities rather than doing it to your own.

For instance: You could add a tile to a city / road where another player already has a meeple; obviously, you couldn't add a normal meeple there per the rules.

But maybe, under this variant, you could add a 'begging' meeple there, lying down. Every time they or someone else extended the feature, you'd earn a point.

You wouldn't get the full value of the feature when it closed, only this value when it was extended. It would entice your opponents to close features sooner rather than later.

That would be a welcome addition to the game, as what tends to happen is that players just concentrate on building up massive features until around the 3/4 mark in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.