3 Posts

World in Flames» Forums » Rules

Subject: Naval movement allowance and range rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Thorp
Sweden
flag msg tools
"I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used."
mbmbmbmbmb
1. If I have a naval unit with movement allowance 4 and range 3, I could take it out of port and then place it in the 3 section of the sea box it just moved to. You need a movement allowance of at least 5 to be able to move directly into a 4 section - right? I could not weasel around this by reactivating a unit with movement allowance 4 and then spend zero range in order to move it "up" into the 4 section?

2. In section 13.4, return to base, it states that the movement allowance of a naval unit returning to port is reduced by the sea-box section it is currently occupying. However, no such reduction is mentioned in the rules concerning naval movement, 11.4.2. Does that mean that I can have the unit mentioned above (movement allowance 4, range 3) patrolling in the 3 section of a sea-box, and then move it through two sea sections and then into a port if I move it during the Naval movement step and not during return to base?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Nicholls
United Kingdom
Bakewell
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adamukk wrote:
1. If I have a naval unit with movement allowance 4 and range 3, I could take it out of port and then place it in the 3 section of the sea box it just moved to. You need a movement allowance of at least 5 to be able to move directly into a 4 section - right? I could not weasel around this by reactivating a unit with movement allowance 4 and then spend zero range in order to move it "up" into the 4 section?

2. In section 13.4, return to base, it states that the movement allowance of a naval unit returning to port is reduced by the sea-box section it is currently occupying. However, no such reduction is mentioned in the rules concerning naval movement, 11.4.2. Does that mean that I can have the unit mentioned above (movement allowance 4, range 3) patrolling in the 3 section of a sea-box, and then move it through two sea sections and then into a port if I move it during the Naval movement step and not during return to base?

1. Yes a movement of 5 is required to get into the 4 box of the sea area next to the port. And no you can't "reactivate" because you can only move a naval unit at sea either down to a lower sea box or back to a port.

2. Nope. A "return to base" is a "return to base" no matter when you do it (and is identified in section 11.4.1 c as such) so the rules in section 13.4 apply. The movement allowance is reduced as noted in 13.4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Thorp
Sweden
flag msg tools
"I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used."
mbmbmbmbmb
nailsworthnobby wrote:
1. Yes a movement of 5 is required to get into the 4 box of the sea area next to the port. And no you can't "reactivate" because you can only move a naval unit at sea either down to a lower sea box or back to a port.

Yes, that makes sense.

nailsworthnobby wrote:

2. Nope. A "return to base" is a "return to base" no matter when you do it (and is identified in section 11.4.1 c as such) so the rules in section 13.4 apply. The movement allowance is reduced as noted in 13.4.

Ah, there it was. Thanks for pointing it out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.