Evertjan van de Kaa
Netherlands
den haag
zuid holland
flag msg tools
I have now played the game 2 times and i must say i quite liked the game.
However i am also left with a number of questions.

1. are the hunting rules always active or only when an event card with that ship is drawn? (does a pirate NPC always try to attack a player or only if his event card is drawn)

5. If i as a pirate move into a sea zone containing a pirate NPC (first action/start of turn) and there i lose my pirate status (for instance using the rumor that gives clementsy and gold for resque a number of dutch nobles) will i then be attacked by the pirate NPC ship on my third action?

6. Last game i had the victory card that let's you keep your captain after his ship is destroyed. However do you also keep your bounties in that case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Torvatn
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ejvandekaa wrote:
I have now played the game 2 times and i must say i quite liked the game.
However i am also left with a number of questions.

1. are the hunting rules always active or only when an event card with that ship is drawn? (does a pirate NPC always try to attack a player or only if his event card is drawn)

5. If i as a pirate move into a sea zone containing a pirate NPC (first action/start of turn) and there i lose my pirate status (for instance using the rumor that gives clementsy and gold for resque a number of dutch nobles) will i then be attacked by the pirate NPC ship on my third action?

6. Last game i had the victory card that let's you keep your captain after his ship is destroyed. However do you also keep your bounties in that case?

NPCs only searc for you at two occasions:

One is at the start of your turn if you are in the same area as a NPC which has you on his hunt priority list.

The other is when you are on a NPC hunt priority and enter the area that NPC ocuupies.

NPC remain active as long as they are on the map, so they will keep searchin for you each time one of the things listed abov e happens.

The only way to be attaced by an NPC on yor last action is if you use that action to enter an area containing an NPC which has you on his hunt priority list.

So if you are a non-pirate, enter the area occupied by a navy ship, and then raid a merchant and get a bounty, you may leave the area on your last action without being searced for.

Bounties are per captain, so if a captian survives, so does his bounties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Knight Games
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ejvandekaa wrote:

The NPC ships only move when their flag is shown on an event card. The will move in the direction shown on the card unless there is a player ship that fits their hunt priority in a neighbouring sea zone; in which case they will move towards the player.

NPC ships will only 'scout' for player ship when the player moves with in the sea zone. If the scout is successful, combat begins. arrrh

ejvandekaa wrote:

Only if you move in the sea zone as your third move, and the pirate NPC succeeds on his scouting role.

I don't think question 6 is covered in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.