Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Carver
United Kingdom
Cobham
Surrey, UK
flag msg tools
designer
I'm sure this question must have been asked before but I've failed to find it, so here goes with my problem.

When you end a build with a town tile are the small bits of track leading out of the town (i.e. those not connected to your incoming track) 'Incomplete Links' of yours for a turn? In other words do you put your marker(s) on these bits of track? We've made a house rule but it would be nice to know what the correct rule is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you paid for it -- they're yours!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
snoozefest wrote:
Yes, you paid for it -- they're yours!

This. Hence the rule for losing the track if you don't continue to build it. Otherwise, players could "Claim" a town by building the 5 spur versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Why did the painter paint the wall for free? Because it was on the house.
mbmbmbmbmb
For future reference, the rule you are looking for is on page 9, the first paragraph under the heading Town Track Tiles. Here's the relevant bit: "If you build track on a hex containing a town, you can choose which town track tile to use. You will own any pieces of track leading from the town unless they are already connected to another player's track..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Norris
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Translation from rule speak:

Want to be a dick? Build a 4-exit town when your opponent is trying to get there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW, the only way that you can lose track without intentionally abandoning it is if someone urbanizes a town you just built and you only have stubs on the spurs with no extended track. Because there is no track to claim you no longer control the hex sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Carver
United Kingdom
Cobham
Surrey, UK
flag msg tools
designer
My thanks to everybody - especially to Bill who drew my attention to a rule that I should have spotted for myself. Duh! At least, we've been playing it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bilben04 wrote:
"If you build track on a hex containing a town, you can choose which town track tile to use. You will own any pieces of track leading from the town unless they are already connected to another player's track..."

Which means that you have to be able to pay for them, you can't chose not own/pay for a stub, not that this is likley to ever happen except in Steam Barrons maybe if you were operating the company that was due to bulld next and wanted to provide it with a free link

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.