Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Good
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The mission card says flip this when all emergence holes are sealed. Does that mean all that are currently on the board or all that could be found via exploreing the other areas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Horn
United States
Coeur d Alene
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There are no other areas to explore in Emergence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Good
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
what i mean is there are location cards that allow more map peaces to be placed? Emergence has four of them. Do you need to seal the holes on all four?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There should only be one hole to seal. The one at the far end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Emergence, one of the setup rules is to cover all the holes except the last one. So this is the only hole on the map. There is only one area (nice to see that the game allows short/medium/long missions ), so you can't explore and find more holes.

I played my first solo game yesterday, and I think I was lucky, Room #12 was the last room. So I was able to go to the NE corner and search for grenades every turn, and lob them that turn to the hole in the NW corner. It took me TEN grenades before I finally rolled that special that seals the hole. If room #12 had been earlier in the map, it would have SUCKED to run, find a grenade, come back and hope I sealed the hole...

Is my understanding correct, the only way to seal a hole is with the grenade?

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
It took me TEN grenades before I finally rolled that special that seals the hole. If room #12 had been earlier in the map, it would have SUCKED to run, find a grenade, come back and hope I sealed the hole...

Is my understanding correct, the only way to seal a hole is with the grenade?

-shnar

Wow, I've played Emergence six times now (all possible pairings of COGs) and until this last game was 5/5 on grenade to seal the hole. Took two grenades this last time out, putting me at 6/7 overall with grenades. 7/10 with the chainsaw (that too started hot 5/5 I think).

Haven't come across anything else that would allow sealing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5/5? What doth thou meanest?

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Horn
United States
Coeur d Alene
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
shnar wrote:
It took me TEN grenades before I finally rolled that special that seals the hole.

The odds of rolling 36 dice (the first 9 grenades) and NOT sealing that whole was .14%! So you had a 99.86% chance to throw at least one omen on those 9 grenades and you still blew it! Don't buy a lottery ticket.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meaning in five plays, it took me an equal amount of grenades to seal the emergence hole as in each play the first grenade got me an omen. Overall, I've now tossed seven grenades in order to seal six emergence holes. Each time I've tended to stock up on grenades, only to then seal it with the first grenade laugh .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joltin' Joe
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On my last play, the grenade stock was far away from the hole. I only grabbed one from the stock and then used Roadie run to make it past lots of enemies to get to the last map tile. Then I holed up in the corner.

I lobbed one grenade, and it sealed the hole first thing. Then when the reinforcements came out, I lobbed the other grenade at the space, and it took out 2 Boomers and a Drone.

Was a very exciting play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.