Athos
United States
Milwaukee
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

What does the Exiled expansion bring to Eve? I looked through the card list online and did not see any new ships for the existing factions. How do the pirate factions fit into the game? Do you still play one of the 4 main factions or are there now 4 additional factions as well?

I am curious because I am trying to decide whether I should get an Exiled booster box or another core box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Guerrero
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exiled brings the four pirate factions. You can play one of the original four factions, but Exiled brings the addition of the four pirate starbases as well. Another addition in Exiled is characters. They add buffs to your ships as pilots or to your starbase as agents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The exiles are subfactions of the original four factions. They are not separate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like the others said, the new factions are "sub factions" of the existing races. You still play as either Amarr, Caldari, Gallente or Minmatar. Generally speaking "The Exiled" is a lot less restrictive in terms of who can use what cards.

four functionally identical starbases (1 for each race) to address rushing tactics.
Characters that offer further abilities or add buffs to ships
Several new "mechanics":
. . Sentry - the ship cannot attack an enemy region
. . Bounty X - gives X ISK to the player who destroys the ship
. . Exile X - ship gains +X/+X while in outer regions
. . Tanking X - ship gains -X/+X while command is active
. . Sniping X - ship gains +X/-X while command is active
. . Racial Affinities - cards that provide additional effects for certain races but can be used by more than just that race.
two more designs of Veldspar. You can now have 12 of them in your deck...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.