Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erez Ben-Aharon
Australia
Civic Square
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

a) If activating the main army general, can he pick up brigades under his subordinate army (rather than his own?)

b) If no, can it still be done when an enemy army moves in an area before battle (pick up brigade into subordinate army).

Is there any case where this would be possible? or will I have to activate the subordinate army first to pick up that brigade?

c) If subordinate army has a siege train, and main army is activated - does it still contribute to the bombard (even though siege train is under subordinate?)

d) With turncoats, who chooses who turns - the loser/winner?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Marinozzi
Italy
Livorno
flag msg tools

Hello,

reading 8.3, case nr. 1 seems to indicate that a general must be active to pick up a brigade, so a subordinate cannot be allowed to pick up on is own; your option b seems more plausible but I'm not sure and I'll wait an expert

Turncoats are selected by the winner, the rule seems to imply that

All in my opinion, of course
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Buergel
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
abeheron wrote:

a) If activating the main army general, can he pick up brigades under his subordinate army (rather than his own?)

No. 8.3, case 1 states that a General must be Active in order to place Brigades on his Command Display. Since the Subordinate isn't Active, he cannot receive recruits.

abeheron wrote:

b) If no, can it still be done when an enemy army moves in an area before battle (pick up brigade into subordinate army).

Is there any case where this would be possible? or will I have to activate the subordinate army first to pick up that brigade?

Yes. 8.3, case 2 applies here, and the requirement is merely that a Friendly Army is in the Area and is eligible to receive those Brigades. It places no restriction on where those Brigades can be placed in the Army.

abeheron wrote:

c) If subordinate army has a siege train, and main army is activated - does it still contribute to the bombard (even though siege train is under subordinate?)

Yes. 14.3 only requires that the Siege Train be present to contribute.

abeheron wrote:

d) With turncoats, who chooses who turns - the loser/winner?

The winner. 10.6: "...the winner [...] may add [...] from those eliminated". Note that by 10.2, the loser selected which Brigades were lost, restricting the Turncoat choices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.