Hide
7 Posts

Forbidden Island» Forums » Variants

Subject: Preparing the deck like pandemic? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Monofas
msg tools
Has any of you tried to prepare the deck just like pandemic? To split the cards in piles and put one Water Rise card in each of the piles.

If the Water Rise card and bottom of the deck, lets say in the final 6 cards, you do have plenty of time to win.

If they are on the first half of the deck you can have very bad thing if it happens to fast draw the 2 tiles where you deliver one treasure.

This thing is the core mechanism in Pandemic. Why isn't it here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
It's a good idea, and one of the nice features of Pandemic.

I suspect that a reason why it's not in the rules is that you can go through the draw pile more than once in Forbidden Island. So, every time you reshuffle, you'd have to re-set the waters rise cards. Not impossible, but just one more thing to do. Also, by going through the pile more than once, the luck of the shuffle does tend to even things out a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin long
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Forbidden Island it is not a show stopper to have the waters rise clumped together. Good Variety!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stalin shot Kirov right in the hallway
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I've been doing the Pandemic pile shuffle for the opening deck and then just shuffling them all together for the re-shuffles - it strikes a nice balance, I think
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Ichamoe
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually prefer getting two waters rise cards in a row. You HAVE to get them (three times each time you go through the deck). Getting them twice in a row eliminates one instance of shuffling the discard pile and putting it on top of the draw pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Ichamoe
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eggrocket wrote:
I actually prefer getting two waters rise cards in a row. You HAVE to get them (three times each time you go through the deck). Getting them twice in a row eliminates one instance of shuffling the discard pile and putting it on top of the draw pile.

I totally agree. I'm always happy to see two at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.