Popular Tags: [View All]
Franklin Lautert
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I find that the least useful of the productive hexes are the Prairies. Even in the event of a Drought - it is hardly enough to feed its occupants, depending on their number. What about changing its main site bonus from +2 to +4? I like that the rules are the same for all productive hexes, but creating an exception here would not be so complicated and would make that spot really useful.

The temple of Demeter used to be useful also during droughts (it doubled food production, even if it was diminished), but since I changed its power it is useless in a Drought. Maybe I should give a power similar to Aqueduct in droughts, so that that building is not the only solution available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Tomashewski
United States
Penn Hills
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
flautert wrote:

The temple of Demeter used to be useful also during droughts (it doubled food production, even if it was diminished), but since I changed its power it is useless in a Drought. Maybe I should give a power similar to Aqueduct in droughts, so that that building is not the only solution available?

I found that out the hard way! I thought it doubled and then it halved it.

But yeah, I never go to praries. I'd much rather build farms in basic.

Both sounds like good changes. Plus you could always just add that exception for the Advanced game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Bouzada
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
flautert wrote:
I find that the least useful of the productive hexes are the Prairies. Even in the event of a Drought - it is hardly enough to feed its occupants, depending on their number. What about changing its main site bonus from +2 to +4? I like that the rules are the same for all productive hexes, but creating an exception here would not be so complicated and would make that spot really useful.

Popmarkers on the main site doesn't need to be feeded - no food production (only on surroundings)

flautert wrote:

I agree

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norway
Tromsø
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Prairies could be better, agreed! As an alternative to a main site bonus of +4: What if being in the surroundings gives 1 food per 2 PopMarkers, while occupying the main site gives 1 food for each PopMarker. This might lead to some exiting battles during droughts, while not punishing the loser too much, It sounds a bit to convenient to get 4 food while just having 1 PopMarker on the site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.