Subject: Rules Posted rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Graham
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
I am Broccoli, most intelligent vegetable!
badge
I will destroy you all!
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you watching the forums and not the files. They've now posted the rules for Rattus: Africanus, in several languages. It looks pretty cool. The region cards and Islamic class cards add some really interesting aspects to it. Combined with Pied Piper and the various promos, there are now like a bajillion possible combos

Muah ha ha!

Out of curiosity, now that the rules have been posted for this (and they are oh so tasty), any chance we can get the rules for these? (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/108186/rattu...)

I know, I shouldn't be greedy, but I can't resist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
0,07 Geek Gold
Italy
flag msg tools
Vendo tutta la collezione, clicca sul mio profilo per prezzi e disponibilità
badge
Vendo tutta la collezione, clicca sul mio profilo per prezzi e disponibilità
mbmbmbmbmb
mmm I was intrigued by this expansion for the new African map, but after reading the rules I noticed it will be used just with 5/6 players so I think I'll pass considering the fact that usually I play 2...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotta say, looks like they did a pretty clean job on this expansion.

Goal: increase to 5-6 players (Very very welcome).
Execution: add more space, add new roles, replacement tokens.

Simple, clear, and within the confines of the game system. Nothing radically new or goofy bolted on. Looks very good and I'm excited to pick up a copy ASAP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
james_bond wrote:
mmm I was intrigued by this expansion for the new African map, but after reading the rules I noticed it will be used just with 5/6 players so I think I'll pass considering the fact that usually I play 2...

same here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trab
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:
james_bond wrote:

same here.

Then read again
On a serious note: you can still use the other elements from the expansion, without the materials for a 5 and 6 player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-H Boudje
France
VENSAC
Gironde
flag msg tools
mb
I play it as a 2 player game, but I'm interested in that expansion.

I have a question about the region deck: did you remove the unused regions from the deck? I don't think so, because it will increased the probability to receive a very usefull card, and the power of the region cards...but on the other hand, if you dont remove the unused cards, in a 2player game when you use about 1/3 (?) of the region, the probability to get no usefull cards at all is increased, making the regions cards ( and roles) less interesting.

Is there a balanced mecanism? Modification about the number of cards you draw? Any variant? I don't find anything about the missing regions in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Brendel
United States
Dunwoody
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Look again. There's a note in step 6 of the setup instructions that says to remove them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-H Boudje
France
VENSAC
Gironde
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you very much for your answer, my mistake.

So the power of thoses cards will be very important in a 2 player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.