Clayton Helme
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We accidently played this variant when we played last and I thought it worked pretty well.

Instead of moving the villain track 2 spaces for each artifact that the vile organization collects they get to move the track the full amount of fortune for each of the artifacts that they have acquired.

To balance what might be an advantage to the vile organization whenever you steal an artifact from the vile organization the Villain track is moved back the fortune amount of the artifact. This seems more theme-y as when they lose the artifact they also lose the fortune for it.

This also makes searching the Zeppelin and defeating the secret bases more important.

Just a note: We weren't playing with temple treasures so I have no idea how this will work with that advanced mechanic. I also don't know how it would work with the solo game or while fighting the mob either.

Suggestions? Do you think it works?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a feeling it would break the game. Now all you have to do is let the villans get the artifacts, then cherry pick them off the zepplin or base, negating their gain and selling it for fortune in the cities. You'd never have to go on a single adventure to win the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Helme
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so after playing last night I may have found a fix for the broken-ness of this variant.

So they still move the track the full amount for each artifact when they get it, but when you steal it back the track is moved back to the extent that they still have 2 "points" on the villain track for getting the artifact in the first place.

For example, if they get an artifact worth 7 fortune then the villain track moves 7 spaces but when the heroes steal that artifact back the track only moves back 5 spaces instead of 7.

Fixed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried this lately? What are the results?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.