Subject: Meeples you should know about! :) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
deeug deeug
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It occured to me at some point that there is a world of meeples and I started to search about it.
Now I can tell you what I discovered and...first things, first!

I have very pleasant memories from my childhood. It was a time when I was worshiping my great heroes(at that age it was very hard for any hero from the movies I watched to be small ).And between all the Schwartzeneggers, Jackiechans, willisis and Vandammes, last but not least it was SUPERMAN, the most impressive from all of them.
I immagined him a thousand times coming to save me from every big or small situation I was in, my fault or not. And, obviously, he never come to save me.... Probablysure he had important people to save in other important places...
With years I realized that SUPERMAN will never be my best friend but I also discovered somethin interesting: there is a world of meeples where the sitation is different. In that world there is SUPERMEEPLE and all the meeples big or small, thin or fat, with or without hair have the same importance for him! All for one and one for all!
The picture below must be a warning for all those who, frustrated by other evil/lucky/smarter players,can't control their temper and give free flying lessons in left and right, and up and down for some poor meeples who can't defend themselves...Is this fair??

In fact, this is the end of a story but I thought it's better to start this way to show that there is a happy ending story!
The beggining is like this: at the beggining of the beggining it was the primordial soup...At some time, nobody knows exactly how, appeared some cubebeing - resources cubes(but back then nobody knowed that). And they were floating in the soup, everyone for itself,unless something ate them.At some moment, two of them collided and started a fight for a while...until one of them smiled and realized that there is no reason for the fight anymore. The other smiled too...and they lived together happily ever after...until they felt the need for the third smiley cube and then the forth and so on until they reached a proper number. And, when the number was complete somthing like magic happened: bursts of light here and there!!!

Ans so came into the meeple world the first meeple: primordial meeple(meepleus primordialus) known also as mozaic meeple.
From the same age it is known also the winter meeple(meepleus whiteus hibernius)

...and last from the same age - but first in bed time stories for the little children- the scaringchildrens meeple(meepleus forscarinchildrenus)

After this first wild period of time we can talk about next step in the evolution: agricultural meeple (meepleus agricultorus)

and, we also can talk about another of his appearances: the ripened state.

The next step in evolution is pipe meeple (smoky meeple)- meepleus brassus industrialus and here is in his very first state.

After a while this oane realized what was his purpose:

and later came another member: the productive meeple ( meepleus industrialus productivus).

When he looks like this and he does't produce anything but smoke, he became angry meeple (meepleus nervosus irritatus)

And that's it for the moment.I hope you will like this small illustrated "evolution" lesson and (probably) will be continued
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.