Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My map was severaly warped and despite great effort to straighten it out and make it flat enough to play on, it remains pretty useless.

If I stick it under heavy plexiglass, it would work. But after bending it and counter bending it and leaving heavy objects on the corners, it's still bad.

Not sure if it got wet or had a humidity problem or what but it came out looking a lot like the letter 'C'.

I emailed customers service a Zman and they replaced the entire game!
I'm a little scared to open the new box, but I thank them for their good service.

I did sit a lot of weight on the other map and I believe it is playable now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Strabala
United States
Hiawatha
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
With a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have this issue as well. Currently, my board is under about 20lbs. of Axis & Allies(no joke!) I'm hoping this helps...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Garner
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
also Game Developer
badge
Personal LnLT Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend you place the entire game board, folded up, under a stack of big, heavy books. You may want to leave it there for several days, maybe up to a week. Keep it in a cool, dry location the entire time. You are trying to dry the board out and restore it to a flattened state. I have had very good luck with this method on more than one occasion. You will definitely want to store the game in a dry location afterwards, too.

I am currently using this method on the game board for my copy of Settlers of Canaan, which came with a warped board. It has been sitting under a heavy piece of wood with about 75lbs of books and catalogs piled on top of it since Saturday evening, shortly after I opened the game and found the warped game board. I will remove it and inspect it this weekend, after a full seven days. It should be nice and flat again, ready for a game!

My board for DotG is slightly warped, so I may give it this treatment for half the time and see how it turns out. I'm not fond of the box insert for GotD after folding it up and getting it into the bottom of the box. The game board is not properly supported at the corners if you try to store it on top of the insert. The other option is to put the game board into the box first and then set the box insert on top of that and put all the pieces in afterwards. This makes unpacking the game a real hassle, though. It's a nice idea that was poorly implemented, IMHO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that their previous game, Duel in the Dark, had serious problems with mold in the box. It seems that they didn't learn from that mistake and they keep on using the same printer in China... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Shabatowski
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up a new copy today, unwrapped it and lo and behold...warped board, creased rulebook and brittle tanks. I have contacted Zman in hopes of repair or possible replacement. I feel like I wasted my cash today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Miner
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here with the warped board ,,That's two game boards with the same issue.I put tons of stuff on it ,,really a shame ,, they would have been better off with a map sheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...game pleasure in wood
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't get it.

2007 - Duel in the Dark released, tons of mold/moisture issues, reportedly because the game sat in a humid warehouse in China for months.

2009 - Duel in the Dark: The Second Edition Including 9 Expansions released, presumably to correct the manufacturing/handling issues with the first edition and throw the expansions from the Complete Bag of Expansions in as a bonus. No mold/moisture/warpage/bad smell issues reported with this edition.

2010 - Duel of the Giants released, same deigner and publisher as DitD, and now back to the same mold/warapge issue again? Wouldn't the same designer and publisher be super sensitive to take steps not to repeat the exact same error and avoid repeated financial and reputation damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.