Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Corzo
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm probably going to get the original core box first and download the new rulebook but do I need the upgrade pack to get the right cards for the minis?

thanks

Alex
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can hunt or just ask on here for the updated points.
Thats the main thing that has changed.
Knives and such are C range now instead.
Personally I intend on using a label maker and just making labels for the updated points. Id rather spend the $10 on a squad.
But to each their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Campos
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you can just download the rulebooks at the FFG website, and I think that the operation cyclone rulebook has the updated point costs in them... if you're a purist, you can get the card set, but I just look the points up when I need to and ignore the point costs during the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Corzo
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh so you're saying that the stats are the same, its just the point costs that changed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are all the point costs:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/dust-tactics/s...

While you just have the core set, I wouldn't worry about the updated points at all. I found once I got more though, I wanted the updated card set, just because I play with new players a lot and don't want to confuse them. But you can just refer to the chart, or make stickers to put on your cards, if you don't want to buy the card pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new cards have a couple of errors so are wrong anyway and you don't even need to change the points on the cards as they are only used for building a force, not for playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wyant
United States
Spindale
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you list these errors?
I haven't noticed them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
- Action Jackson has one of his phaser guns labeled as "Knife & Grenade" and with the wrong range.
- The Loth has an AP cost of 28, while he's officially listed as costing 30. Not sure if this is a mistake or an update, since FFG won't answer my question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wyant
United States
Spindale
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I don't have action Jackson, so I never looked at the card.
I would say the Loth is right at 28 though.
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeWyant wrote:
Ah, I don't have action Jackson, so I never looked at the card.
I would say the Loth is right at 28 though.
Thanks!

Yeah, I would agree with a 28 point cost for the Loth. And for 99% of us, we don't have Action Jackson so the error hardly matters.

I'm glad I got the upgrade pack, but I also understand it's pretty unnecessary. It's great to have the Loth card though - it's now just about the only way to get one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McDonald
United States
Yonkers
New York
flag msg tools
\|/
badge
/|\
mbmbmbmbmb
They also fixed the labeling error on the Tank Hunters (originally labeled Panzer hunters, which implied they had really bad aim and kept hitting their own tanks).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kraft
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DropDeadCriminal wrote:
They also fixed the labeling error on the Tank Hunters (originally labeled Panzer hunters, which implied they had really bad aim and kept hitting their own tanks).

Say what?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.