Jason Allen
United States
Madison Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I am looking for suggestions for ways that I can transport a large amount of games from one place to another destination. I do gaming marathons with friends of mine from time to time and need a simple and relatively inexpensive way to transport all the games that I choose to bring each time.

I am thinkig of a rolling duffel or case. It would be nice if it breaks down or if I can leave the games in it and be able to see most of them.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plastic storage tubs - many sizes available, including giant rolling ones. When empty, you can stack them together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big ass tupperware

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plastic milkcrates or rubbermaid tubs, on a folding plastic dolly/book cart. You might find a luggage cart, like they sell at Staples, at a thrift store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Drop-Bear
mbmbmbmbmb
Carefully!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a large, rolling suitcase. It's much easier to deal with than the tubs and you can actually have one hand free to open doors etc.

The bigger ones will hold 6-8 larger games and a gazillion smaller ones if you pack them into the open spaces wisely.

I've carried close to 40 games in the large suitcase I use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I second the big plastic tubs. Get clear with a clear top.

Rather than rollers, use a collapsible luggage cart with bungee cord.

Also I recently picked up a hockey equipment bag which works great. More expensive but really big and is squared off on edges and corners which maximizes storage for boxes within.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
monchi
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ikea Big Blue Bag. If you have an Ikea where you live you can go there and they sell these big blue bags. They are the perfect game bag. They are cheap, durable and you can fit a crap load of games in them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
monchichi wrote:
Ikea Big Blue Bag. If you have an Ikea where you live you can go there and they sell these big blue bags. They are the perfect game bag. They are cheap, durable and you can fit a crap load of games in them.

Another vote for them here - I use them for years; heck, I even moved > 2000 games with them!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Christmas Card Exchange: 2009 - 2014
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a Staples office supply store near you I found that the rolling crate works well.

http://www.staples.com/Staples-Expanding-Folding-Crate-on-Wh...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Hansen
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
2/68th Armor: Silver Lions!
mbmbmbmb
If you know anyone who sells 31 Bags (they are sold through sales agents much like Tupperware and Mary Kay) they sell what is called a large utility tote. I got one through one of my wife's friends. It is cloth but reinforced with wire. The bag also easily flattens. It does not have a top to it, so your taller games will fit, too. I can fit about 10-15 games in it, depending on the size. I use it for all my game-a-thons we do here in the Milwaukee area. It might be a challenge to find a manly design for it (I have grey with black and white polka-dots). You can also have your name embroidered on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Don't they have boxes for packaging stuff in when moving house in the US? Like these? I have four or five of these inexpensive babies (€2 or so each) holding games I need to get rid off, or for other reasons don't want in my main gaming closet. They can hold about 7 to 8 square Settlers boxes in a row, and are good for a load of 90 pounds or thereabours. (In other words, more than you can comfortably carry.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.