badge
"Games that want to get out."
mbmbmbmbmb
MINNEAPOLIS BOARDGAME MANIA 32

**** SATURDAY IS FULL ****

Friday October 7 starting at 1pm.
Saturday October 8 starting at 8am.
Sunday October 9 starting at 8am.

ADMISSION IS $5 PER PERSON FOR ALL 3 DAYS. ADMISSION IS COLLECTED AT THE DOOR.

This event is being held in the meeting room at the Hampton Inn Hotel in Bloomington Minnesota. The hotel is located south across I494 from the MSP International airport.

The hotel address is below.

Hampton Inn Hotel
2860 Metro Dr
Minneapolis, MN 55425
(952) 854-7600

IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND THIS EVENT, YOU MUST RSVP FOR EACH DAY VIA GEEKMAIL TO USERNAME BINGE GAMER AND YOU MUST RECEIVE CONFIRMATION BACK. THE REASON FOR THIS IS BECAUSE THE ROOM HAS A 65 PERSON CAPACITY.

The hotel does allow people to bring in food and drink and there are several places that will deliver food.

If you are interested in a guest room at the hotel, please send me a geekmail message and I will reply with information.

This event uses an open gaming format.
To see a list of games played at the previous event, follow this link.
MBGM31 results link

This event is open to anyone of any age who appreciates playing boardgames.

Use this forum to post questions regarding MBGM32 or to organize games in advance if you feel it necessary to do so.

I will modify this notice when the event is full.

To be notified of future events, please subscribe to the thread at the link below.
MBGM subscription thread link

SEE YOU THERE !!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmanders85 wrote:
V. interested in trying out space empires 4x! I hope someone brings it along

Now that I have my SE4X I plan to put it to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmanders85 wrote:

I'd be up to play it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The production of Hoffman lenses is incumbent upon all true scientists
badge
The tallest mountains, the darkest forests, the deepest deserts, the oldest books, there you will find the stone.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone up for running a mathtrade? Like MBGM 29. I think it was Patel?

or

Should we try something like a swap meet + a flea market (list) like for MBGM 30? I think Eric ran them if memory serves?

or

Should I just run another Minionhunter's Crazy Ivan, bargain basement, combo swap/sell/trade/buy emporium for hunted minions again (like MBGM 31)?

other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
The tallest mountains, the darkest forests, the deepest deserts, the oldest books, there you will find the stone.
mbmbmbmbmb
binge gamer wrote:
jmanders85 wrote:

Now that I have my SE4X I plan to put it to use.

Sorry I did not make it, recovering from my cold meant I was worthless on Saturday night and Sunday after only two games Saturday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
minionhunter wrote:
Is anyone up for running a mathtrade? Like MBGM 29. I think it was Patel?

or

Should we try something like a swap meet + a flea market (list) like for MBGM 30? I think Eric ran them if memory serves?

or

Should I just run another Minionhunter's Crazy Ivan, bargain basement, combo swap/sell/trade/buy emporium for hunted minions again (like MBGM 31)?

other.

Someone is welcome to run one if they want but I recommend waiting until the 5th Annual Autumn BoardGame Marathon in November which will most likely be 4 days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gagner
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With my recent purchase of Arkham Horror: Miskatonic Horror Expansion during the last MBGM, I now have all current expansions for Arkham Horror. I was thinking of hosting a game with all expansions and have a mega game.

Anyone interested?
I'm thinking 4-6 players would be ideal.
If interested, what day would work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
binge gamer wrote:
Someone is welcome to run one [Math Trade-game trade] if they want but I recommend waiting until the 5th Annual Autumn BoardGame Marathon in November which will most likely be 4 days.

Great suggestion Jeff, I'll just put up a Crazy Ivan buy/swap/sell/trade list for those who must want to try trading/selling/buying something, very low key. A Math Trade in November with 4 days for the event sounds great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saturday the 8th is also the 7th annual twin cities Zombie Pub Crawl. I won't be pub crawling, but at 8 P.M. in Mears Park they are going to try to break the world record for the largest gathering of Zombies - they hope to get 8000 zombies there. I think I need to find some fake blood and get some torn up Goodwill clothes and do my part to help them meet there goal.

http://zombiepubcrawl.com/2011/guinness-record/

zombiezombiezombiezombiezombie

Edit - and of course try to get some Zombie games to the table before or after the gathering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hudoba
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
minionhunter wrote:
binge gamer wrote:
Someone is welcome to run one [Math Trade-game trade] if they want but I recommend waiting until the 5th Annual Autumn BoardGame Marathon in November which will most likely be 4 days.

Great suggestion Jeff, I'll just put up a Crazy Ivan buy/swap/sell/trade list for those who must want to try trading/selling/buying something, very low key. A Math Trade in November with 4 days for the event sounds great.

I organized/managed the two Sidebar Bazaar events in the past, and my observation has been that the "Swap Meet" trade list saw very little to no action (beyond merely listing items). The auctions have always drawn the most activity and interest, and more often than not, trades will tend to occur as a result from items that don't sell. Otherwise, everyone loves the "Fire Sale" table at the marathon itself.

cool

The math trades are more successful when they are held every couple marathons (like at the quarterly 4-day events), as people have had time to review/play their acquisitions from the auctions (as well as other outside purchases) in between and decide which items are "keepers" and/or which need to be moved in order to free up shelf space for new stuff.

Consequently, I'd agree a community auction GeekList--specifically for MBGM attendees and those who can provide local delivery--would be the best idea leading up to the October event.

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I'll start the list later Tuesday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, the list is up, good luck!!!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/72461/minionhunters-mb...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all! I just messaged Jeff that I can't attend this months. I am the one that usually sells the soda, so if there is an individual that would like to take that over this month please feel free!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Tietz
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
minionhunter wrote:

I added some stuff as well. Kristi, we know that you always have a few games laying around that you want to get rid of, toss them up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If B&B gets it to me in time, who is up for playing Great Fire of London 1666? They said its on the way to them and they will have the only copies in North America for a few months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Tewalthomas
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidG55311 wrote:
With my recent purchase of Arkham Horror: Miskatonic Horror Expansion during the last MBGM, I now have all current expansions for Arkham Horror. I was thinking of hosting a game with all expansions and have a mega game.

Anyone interested?

I would be down to play some Arkham Horror on Saturday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
minionhunter wrote:
If B&B gets it to me in time, who is up for playing Great Fire of London 1666? They said its on the way to them and they will have the only copies in North America for a few months.

Me! Me! That has been on my list for a looong time!

Then we should follow it up with London, so we can rebuild after the fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CurtKline wrote:
minionhunter wrote:

No kidding, I've been waiting (pre-paid) nearly a year for it to come in. They went up to $60 now becasue of the shipping, but those who toughed it out pay the original price.

I would love to play London.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
B&B is now saying end of October for GFoL, so don't count on this game being here for the convention. It may also be tied up with my 1830 preorder - but I think they gave that game the free shipping gimmick to counteract some of the price-fixing that Mayfair certainly does not do.

If I did tie the two preorders together, who knows when they will get here....

CurtKline wrote:
minionhunter wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gagner
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
exzachly101 wrote:
DavidG55311 wrote:

Anyone interested?

We probably would run into a space issue on Saturday. I have at least one other person who wants to play and he will be there Sunday. There generally is fewer people and we shouldn't have an issue with space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidG55311 wrote:
exzachly101 wrote:
DavidG55311 wrote:

Anyone interested?

I would be down to play some Arkham Horror on Saturday. :)

We probably would run into a space issue on Saturday. I have at least one other person who wants to play and he will be there Sunday. There generally is fewer people and we shouldn't have an issue with space.

You should be able to play in the lobby, plus at night it is less crowded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Tewalthomas
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grape Ape wrote:
DavidG55311 wrote:
exzachly101 wrote:
DavidG55311 wrote:

Anyone interested?

You should be able to play in the lobby, plus at night it is less crowded.

I can do lobby and/or nighttime. Won't be there Sunday, unfortunately. 2 games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Veen
United States
Columbia Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
binge gamer wrote:

Crap...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Nelson
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edrift101 wrote:
binge gamer wrote:

Crap...

Saturday always fills up before I decide for certain whether we're going to make it. And the Vikings play on Sunday!

soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.