Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Hinkle
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say you can only enter cover at the completion of a move. Say I had to leave cover last turn because of using the Lancer special attack. On my current turn, I want to re-enter cover but don't want to leave my current area. Can I simply drop into cover without moving? Do I need to move out of the area then back in, then enter cover? Am I simply trying to be too slavish to the rules in this instance?

On grenades, can you throw them into the area you currently occupy (basically range=0)? I know you'll take damage but the possibility of wiping out four Wretches and sealing an E-hole is pretty tempting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you would have to play a card to allow movement to reenter cover. Of course, I could be wrong...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you answered your own question. The rules say you have to move to enter cover. Period. They do not say enter at beginning of turn. If you lanced out of cover and want to go back in, either use an order that let's you move or any order and use it as a move order (which is why Advance is a good order).

And nothing keeps you from suiciding a grenade at your feet, just remember to damage yourself

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing to make totally clear, though, is that you cannot get back into cover if you play a card that has you only attacking. It is legal to move zero areas and then hop into cover, but if you don't have a movement, even though you will have traveled the same distance, you don't go into cover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
One thing to make totally clear, though, is that you cannot get back into cover if you play a card that has you only attacking. It is legal to move zero areas and then hop into cover, but if you don't have a movement, even though you will have traveled the same distance, you don't go into cover.

Technically you can, you just wouldn't use the printed text on the card (and thus not attack) and instead move up to two spaces and enter cover at the end.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calixtus Ashley Wee
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
Why are you moving out of cover, because you used the Lancer's chainsaw constant ability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Calixtus wrote:
Why are you moving out of cover, because you used the Lancer's chainsaw constant ability?

That would be the reason, since that's what happens when you use the Chainsaw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calixtus Ashley Wee
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
How sure are you on this? Every other action though, allows you to stay within Cover, like for instance when you are using a special action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Switzerland
Fribourg
flag msg tools
badge
muwins.ch
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely sure, because that's what's written in the rules.

Also, it makes sense thematically since you have to move out of cover to attack a locust with the chainsaw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shooting at someone when crouching behind a wall isn't that hard. Getting to them with a chainsaw is of course a bit harder :) But as mentioned, this is explicitly stated in the rules, so really no room for ambiguity. (see the yellow box on page 24)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calixtus Ashley Wee
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
Yea, I understand the need for realism, but I didn't think it would have been mentioned at all in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"If the COG figure is in a cover space, it is moved out of cover to perform this attack." (Pg. 24)

But hey... it's your game. Play how you like it. If you don't wanna move the COG out of cover, don't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calixtus Ashley Wee
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
Thanks for pointing out the exact ruling. I can't believe I forgot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.