Popular Tags: [View All]
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Edmontonians! I'm coming from Vancouver for some training and I'll be in Edmonton on the 20th in the late afternoon. I'm taking classes the 21st-24th, free all day Sunday the 25th, and classes on the 26th-29th. This leaves me with a lot of free evenings that I'd love to fill with at least one or two gaming nights.

I'll play most games, but have a strong preference for wargames and med-heavy Euros.

I'd also love to know where the good game shops are so I can see if I can't pick something up while I'm there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Robertson
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Life is Short; Play Games!
badge
The BixCON Series of gaming events: A combination of Great Friends, Great Food, & Great Drink!
mb
It is only 8 hours to Regina if you are interested. Perhaps I can return some of your hospitality.

Have a good trip Roger. Thanks again for a great day of gaming in Vancouver.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bixby wrote:
It is only 8 hours to Regina if you are interested. Perhaps I can return some of your hospitality.

Have a good trip Roger. Thanks again for a great day of gaming in Vancouver.
We could meet for lunch and a game in Battleford...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William W
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
Where will you be staying and will you have transportation?

Mission Fun & Games in St. Albert (just NW of Edmonton) has tons of games and is generally regarded as one of the better stores in the area.

I also think Comex Hobby is a pretty good store. You can find them in both Kingsway Garden Mall and West Edmonton Mall.

There's also Warp One and Warp Two for comics and games.

Happy Harbour's downtown location is pretty cool as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kollross
Canada
Carvel
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
Pew pew pew!!!
badge
I'm a member of the Game Artisans of Canada
mbmbmbmbmb
What course are you on? I'm on course all week starting on the 26th as well downtown at the IBM building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quadraphonic wrote:
Where will you be staying and will you have transportation?
I'll be downtown at the Coast Plaza on 105th St. I won't have my own transportation (the training is a short walk from the hotel), but I'm not averse to taking the bus or a cab (or mooching a lift. ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurtis Swekla
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if you go to meetup.com there is an edmonton game group called Edmonton and Area Boardgame Group. Try them out to see if they have anything scheduled for when you are there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William W
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
Kingsway Mall's Comex Hobby and the downtown Happy Harbour locations will be your best bets. I'd really try to get out to Mission Fun & Games in St. Albert though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Crawford
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to add my voice to Mission Fun and Games. John's a great guy and they have a very nice store with lots of games and space to game in.

Friday night they have open gaming, and one of the gamers is a staff member so they allow you to game till 11pm or midnight. I believe the Edmonton Area Boardgame League also plays there but am not sure which Friday nights they attend. I would recomend you call first if interested. Just another potential option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.