Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
Bah, it's all a bit grim in the RSP lately, so here is a posi thing for a change. Woke up this morning to find Olaf / Dumpling snoozing on me, played some iPod board games with the BGG crowd for a bit, then went out for breakfast with the girlfriend. We had some coffee and mushrooms and whatnot while people and dogs wandered past.

A passenger from our bus stopped to chat. (S)he is a transvestite or transsexual or some such, but of the dowdy middle-aged variety. Studying social work in the country via block mode. We discussed the current illegal immigration media beat-up about the boat people. "What of the plane people?" we wondered, "The plane people with their moist towelettes and two bottles of duty free booze, stinking up the joint."

I thought of but did not mention my American friend who does social work with the criminally insane. He wears a wifi mercury switch so that if a supervillain knocks him over, burly guards appear. He says that they are generally sane people who plead insanity without realising that it means life in the max security madhouse rather than 20 years in gen pop, 10 years with good behaviour.

More coffee, then my angry vegan friend appeared. She was not angry today; she is in some kind of magical love with a Swedish economics professor (also a vegan). They have been going to the opera and watching torrented Iron Chef. He loves playing euros and we are going to have some beers and euros next week.

We got home and it was lunchtime and we decided to have potato chips and French champagne for lunch. I went to the fancy bottle shop and tried to convince them to get me some armagnac, but they would not budge. Eventually the guy sold me some champers and I came home and cracked open bottle the first.

Today we are tidying up by digitising stuff then donating the physical copy to charity. While the computer machine does this I talk to you and drink the champagne and eat the chips. Thus far Snoop Dogg, Squarepusher, Trevor Rockcliffe, Nas, Consolidated, DJ Rap and Skiploader have all got the chop.

And that is my posi tale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
My posi tale-

I managed to get a painting project done for a client that has been dragging on for too long. FINALLY. It's done. DONE DONE DONE.

I'm sick of looking at my paint brushes. I'm going to take a serious vacation and go to a totally different grind of trying to get my damn blog off the ground.

Which I'm really, really looking forward to. I've had three conversations with people where I've thought to myself, "Damn, I need to be writing this shit DOWN, some of this is good shit". And by good shit, I mean better than the usual banal crap I foist off on all of y'all.

I don't mind working my ass off though- makes me feel as if the remote chance that this will pay off in the end might actually be closer to just a FAIRLY remote chance that this will pay off.

Baby steps, Dar. Baby steps.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keen to hear your good shit... bring it on.

Also: now on the second bottle, listening to the collected works of K. Shields.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Hogg
South Africa
Port Elizabeth
flag msg tools
mb
My positale-

Slept on the coach last night for reasons I’d prefer not to share. And now am at work for reasons I’d rather have as I am grateful for the work that has been scarce is picking up.
Will be having a beer shortly for reasons only I can reason.

Small sips Steven small sips the day is long
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
sbszine wrote:
Keen to hear your good shit... bring it on.

Also: now on the second bottle, listening to the collected works of K. Shields.

I still owe you a Chomsky rant.

Not tonight though. WAAAAY too tired.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I particularly like his discussion of worthy and unworthy victims. A priest gets shot in a place where we don't like the dictator, that's bad and it's front page news. If we do like the dictator, well, there are more priests where that guy came from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Oh fer Chrissakes!!!

Will somebody please shitcan this trainwreck of thread to Chit Chat? Otherwise there's gonna be a planet-wide outbreak of gamers simultaneously vomiting on their assorted laptops and keyboards from the sickly-sweet nauseating putridness of it all.

As for you sbszine... I knew you Aussies were all a bit off, but really?... mushrooms, Snoop Dog and potato chips? WTF does that have to do with religion or politics? Pinook!!! Get over to his house and slap some sense into him before we start seeing a flurry of transvestite vegan champagne love stories!

I don't cruise through RSP to hear this sort of crapola, I lurk for the sole purpose of observing the flotilla of panty-waist liberal Euro Gamers sink slowly into the morass of self-anointed hubris and back-slapping know-best blather as their heroic Savior tours the nation yelling, "If you love me, then pass this bill!!!!"

Well, I also like to see what trumped up reasons are being given by the moderator(s) for continuing their pogrom against conservatives. That, and Lynnette's highly entertaining revelations about sex and religion.

Ciao. Chit Chat this bitch cause I'm feeling the bile rise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Oh fer Chrissakes!!!

Will somebody please shitcan this trainwreck of thread to Chit Chat? Otherwise there's gonna be a planet-wide outbreak of gamers simultaneously vomiting on their assorted laptops and keyboards from the sickly-sweet nauseating putridness of it all.

As for you sbszine... I knew you Aussies were all a bit off, but really?... mushrooms, Snoop Dog and potato chips? WTF does that have to do with religion or politics? Pinook!!! Get over to his house and slap some sense into him before we start seeing a flurry of transvestite vegan champagne love stories!

I don't cruise through RSP to hear this sort of crapola, I lurk for the sole purpose of observing the flotilla of panty-waist liberal Euro Gamers sink slowly into the morass of self-anointed hubris and back-slapping know-best blather as their heroic Savior tours the nation yelling, "If you love me, then pass this bill!!!!"

Well, I also like to see what trumped up reasons are being given by the moderator(s) for continuing their pogrom against conservatives. That, and Lynnette's highly entertaining revelations about sex and religion.

Ciao. Chit Chat this bitch cause I'm feeling the bile rise.

Fucking A - Tripp's Back! That's my positale for the day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Sorry to disappoint Leo. Just changing planes on my way back to... back to... well, you know where I'm headed back to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Sorry to disappoint Leo. Just changing planes on my way back to... back to... well, you know where I'm headed back to.

Well, it was nice while it lasted! Take a scarf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The power of positivity can even bring Tripp back temporarily. Awesome!

On the downside, now Pinook is lurking in my yard with an axe handle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bradley
United Kingdom
Haverhill
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
The best things in life aren't things.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thumbed for squarepusher. And champagne.

Thank god I'm not a euro panty waist. I'll be thinking about ameritrash while driving my Chrysler later. I'm a crypto republican.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.