United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone explain why the Pot of Gold has a rune cost (of 1)? My understanding is that it can only be acquired with the use of a leprechaun. Right? Am I mission something?

Can it be purchased by anyone?

Do you have to pay for it when you acquire it with a leprechaun?

Is it just there to look pretty?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron
United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose it would matter when a card refers to a "highest cost construct," but is there another reason?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elhannan Lloyd Keller
United States
Stroudsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is that, yes, the Rune cost on the card is to allow it (as a construct) to be effected by cards that specify your "lowest costing" or "highest costing" construct in play...

I had a similar question... and tonight as I played with the Return Of The Fallen cards, I played "Project Alpha" - a Mechana construct that lets you acquire any Hero or Construct with a cost equal to your total Mechana constructs in play. Since "Project Alpha" was the only Mechana construct I had in play, could I have acquired a "Pot of Gold" from the End of the Rainbow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ebert
United States
North Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
Solo Gamers are NOT lonely!
badge
Together We Game Alone (1 Player Guild)
mbmbmbmbmb
fun2drum wrote:
I had a similar question... and tonight as I played with the Return Of The Fallen cards, I played "Project Alpha" - a Mechana construct that lets you acquire any Hero or Construct with a cost equal to your total Mechana constructs in play. Since "Project Alpha" was the only Mechana construct I had in play, could I have acquired a "Pot of Gold" from the End of the Rainbow?

I believe that only applies to the center row, even though it does not say so directly on the card. If you could acquire a pot of gold this way, then that would mean you should also be able to get something from the void. And I know there are cards that allow you to acquire/defeat cards from the void "as if it was in the center row". So I would rule that no, you cannot get Pot of Gold with Mechana Construct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Leath
United States
OH
flag msg tools
badge
fyeahgamesandgrub.tumblr.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The 1-cost of the Pots of Gold, as suspected is just to have a sort of hierarchy when resolving "highest/lowest" construct questions. They are only claimed via the leprechaun.

For fun, however, combo them with Hedron Link Device and Control Room for a fun (i.e. Super Evil) combo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.