mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
A player takes 2 of each resource to place on the board. Do these have to be place in areas with the corresponding resource?

AKA in a 4 player game, are 2 of every resource blocked? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Yes and yes, but subject to the condition that you do not block both areas where the resource in shown in conjunction with a star. One of those pairs must remain in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
etal chen
China
shanghai
flag msg tools
my conlusion:

when in a 4 player game

#1 take 8 resource tokens(2 of each type).

#2 then,put these tokens face down(cross) on any territories where won't be played in the coming game.

#3 only one territory with a star can be removed in this way

so finally,removed territories are consisited by 7 normal land and 1 starred land

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Regrettably, that's wrong. The limit of one starred resource does not apply to what is blocked as a whole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kory Stevens
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you still move through territory that "won't be used"? It seems natural to me that completely blocking off a place like that would hurt the game, but I can't find anywhere in the rules that says you can move through those areas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, that's allowed. In my French rules, on page 4:
Quote:
Il ne peut pas s'arrêter sur les cases contenant un jeton 'Croix' (mais peut le traverser).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.