4 Posts

John Prados' Third Reich» Forums » Rules

Subject: Amphibious landing from the US rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin Lapinou
France
flag msg tools
The rules say you can conduct amphibious landing to Europe west coast and pacific islands froml the USA during a general offensive.
But does that mean you can also bring SURF and CV from the US during the impulse to support ? Thus bringing more ships and troops than with SR ?

Or can you support with ships based in ports in England or anywhere alse on the map ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Raitt
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think surf and CV can travel with the LC as they can contribute to the amphibious assault. Surf can't carry ground troops as they can't be part of the amphibious assault. If desperate to get lots of corps out of the US box 12 reduced corps can squeeze into 6 LC. These can be repaired at the end of the turn. They won't have much attack strength and are susceptible to counterattack. US troops in the UK could be transported by Royal Navy surf activated by a British naval offensive to a beach-head created in a general offensive earlier in the same season.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Goldman
msg tools
mbmbmb
US general offensive can activate UK units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Raitt
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
avalonnn wrote:
US general offensive can activate UK units.

My aim was to expand the landing capacity as the allies maximum is 8 LC . I think only LC can transport troops for an amphibious assault. I was suggesting reinforcing a landing made this turn season by a US general offensive. The Americans can't have another offensive in the same season as a general offensive but their British allies can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.