Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Miller
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just picked up the game a short time ago after reading incredible review after incredible review. I, unfortunately, haven't even had a chance to play yet, just a couple of solo test runs with the first two scenarios.

Question about the "Airdrop" in scenario #2 (Sainte Mere-Eglise): When you drop the four infantry figure from above the board are we saying you have the possibility to add FOUR more infantry units (if they all stay on the board and out of any occupied hexes) to the board, or just ONE more unit max?

My initial interpretation was that adding four units seemed too advantageous (so I only added one unit in the hex of my choice) but the more I re-read the rule, I think I should have added four more units (since they all landed safely).

If that is the case, what would happen if two of my airdropped figures land on the same hex?

Thanks...looking forward to getting this game into action!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
You have the potential to add 4 more units. More units isn't always an advantage as you can still only order the number of units on teh card you play. Often times, more units just means more medal opportunities for your opponent.

But make sure you are dropping them all at the same time. Because how they scatter will often make them touch another unit and so get eliminated from play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Groot
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And don't forget that if two figures dropped end up in the same hex both units are eliminated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
jmiller1020 wrote:
If that is the case, what would happen if two of my airdropped figures land on the same hex?

This, and many other questions, are answered in the FAQ from DOW, look here: http://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/content/faq/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Miller
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Gentlemen. Very helpful...I appreciate the responses.

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Roper
South Africa
Hout Bay
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to a great game Jim, and don't be worried about playing solo, that is one of the great things about the C&C System, it adapts well to solo play but is even better with live opponents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.