4 Posts

John Prados' Third Reich» Forums » Rules

Subject: Commonwealth troops in Second World War rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin Lapinou
France
flag msg tools
Rule 15.42 Exiles and colonials says that "Indian INF units may never be rebuilt or repaired [...] until Britain and Japan are at war"
Does it mean you cannot build the 3-4 INF units arriving in Force pool until at war with Japan ? or you can build them but only once and when they are destroyed you keep them separate from the force pool until at war with Japan ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Raitt
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule says indian units cannot be rebuilt or repaired after the pearl harbour chit is pulled. Quite different from until. This simulates the Indian army concentrating on the Burma border so no replacements are available for the Mediterranean. Indians in the force pool cannot be built. Reduced corps stay that way till they are killed. The 10th Indian corps is still shown at full strength in the 1945 scenario. 3 Indian divisions served with 8th Army in Italy.
It can be kept alive by stacking with another 3-4 infantry. I take the Indians off as part of the 3 corps that are removed by the Pearl Harbor chit, if convenient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Lapinou
France
flag msg tools
I know this is not a problem in Third Reich. But I was asking in the context of a Second World war game involving both Europe and Pacific maps. In that case rules say you rebuild your indians UNTIL you are at war with Japan. Which represents I guess the fact that India was not fully mobilized for war effort until it was endangered itself. And this also makes a quick initial advance by the Japanese feasible, which would be impossible with indians 3-4 INF hanging around in Singapore, New guinea, Australia...Si it makes sense
But if you cannot build them at all this also means that indians cannot be used to defend North Africa before Pearl Harbour. Or am I wrong ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Raitt
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I misread the 2nd WW for 3rd reich. Here's what I think now.

In Europe you can build colonials before Pearl Harbor and repair and rebuild Indians. After Pearl Harbor you can't rebuild or repair any colonial.

In the Pacific you can build but not rebuild or repair Indians before war with Japan. After war with Japan you can build, repair and rebuild Indians.

The commonwealth has 1 reduced 3-4 indian infantry (starts in any controlled territory) in the pacific which cannot repair till war with Japan. The rest are single step or build for the first time.

Build means move from force pool to map if it has never been on the map yet. Rebuild means build move from force pool to map after it has been destroyed. Repair means flip from reduced to full strength.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.