Subject: extra points for babies? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil C
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

It's no good. The family likes this game, but what they really like about it is the animal-babies, and although they understand in theory that the idea of the game is to get points, in practice they play a tacit version of their own in which the Real Winner is the person who gets the most baby animals in their zoo. shake

So, I was wondering. Why not bow to pressure and award bonus points for baby animals at the end of the game? Maybe three points each? Would it unbalance the game completely?

It would be realistic in a way. After all, zoos do cash in if they have baby-animals. Look at that polar bear in Berlin. (RIP).

Any thoughts, anybody?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Do you have the expansion with the petting zoo? I think that gives you extra points for the babies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
And when, exactly, are we playing Churchill again?
mbmbmbmbmb
jbetz45453 wrote:
Do you have the expansion with the petting zoo? I think that gives you extra points for the babies.

Not extra points, but more money for use during the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Jackson
United Kingdom
Bath
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amacleod wrote:
jbetz45453 wrote:

Not extra points, but more money for use during the game.

The souvenir stand that comes in the same set of expansions does give you a point per baby animal in your zoo. The stand is awarded to the first player to get a baby animal.

Combined with the petting zoo that allows you to get coins for your babies, it can become a veritable baby-rush!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil C
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for these ideas, everybody. I'll see if I can get hold of that expansion-set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abelard wrote:
Thanks for these ideas, everybody. I'll see if I can get hold of that expansion-set.

I think Petting Zoo is a free downloadable expansion - check the files on this site. I haven't done it yet though - I guess you just need a colour printer and then mount it on to card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.