Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Fair Use: this image was reworked from publicly posted images in the files section of BGG and altered to produce a new and unique image for individuals to reference when playing this scenario and may not be reproduced for profit. Source: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/download/587x9rc3hk/Risk_B...

Both players begin with 27 Combat Brigades each.

Both players begin with 4 Cities and there is 1 Neutral City.

The Neurtral nations start with only 34 Combat Brigades.

There are 4 Objectives not used.

The Warsaw Pact player begins with 2 entire Regions under control, providing an extra 6 production per turn. The NATO player begins with only 1 entire Region under control, providing an extra 5 production per turn. The NATO player also starts with Control of the Naval Base in Denmark. The NATO player counts 5 "virtual" territories, representing the United States.

Warsaw Pact goes first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The Cold War (Russian: холо́дная война́, kholodnaya voĭna) was the continuing state from roughly 1946 to 1991 of political conflict, military tension, proxy wars, and economic competition between the Communist World – primarily the Soviet Union and its satellite states and allies – and the powers of the Western world, primarily the United States and its allies." Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_War

"In the 1980s, under the Reagan Doctrine, the United States increased diplomatic, military, and economic pressures on the Soviet Union, at a time when the nation was already suffering economic stagnation."
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_War

What would have happened if the Soviet Union had decided to go to war rather than introduce the perestroika and glasnost reforms?

The stage is now set and YOU will decide the Fate of the World!
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike D
Canada
flag msg tools
I was wondering if there is anyone else that have their own Variant scenario that they have made. Ill be hoping to put something up myself but man this guy made it really easy with his visuals! Props to George!

Thanks

Oh do you have anymore variants yourself past the nato/warsaw one like WW1...WW2.... something like that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your kind comments.

Sadly, this game has not hit our table in quite some time...my daughter has moved on to other games (The Legend of Drizzt, etc.) and my primary gaming partner is all about Axis and Allies.

This is a really cool game, though, and your comment has stirred some renewed interest for me. I'll see if I can't get in another game soon.

In the meanwhile, I'll start thinking about a WW II scenario.

Thanks again for your comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Strabala
United States
Hiawatha
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
With a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just stumbled upon this variant...

This looks flipping sweet George! I'm going to get this on my table ASAP!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.