Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Wasson
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally played through a short session of Outlaws. I needed to get a good grasp of the most basic things that could happen, in order to hopefully resolve them as intended.

A few questions came up:

-can you use less than your available action points if you choose to do so?

-can you shoot multiple times in your turn, until your action points are completely used?

-for movement, the rules say characters move one square at a time into one of the three squares to their front. One example in the rules show a character moving directly to the left. Should movement be described as moving into any of the five squares to the side or front of a character?

-I assume the "turnaround" action turns a character exactly 180 degrees.

-for gun jamming, could there, or should there, be an unjamming marker instead of using a reloading marker? My opponent asked if after umjamming, is the gun fully reloaded? I think the answer is no, but a seperate counter might make it clear that unjamming was taking place and not reloading.

We are having fun, and learned a lot in the first session. (Created a lot of questions too!)

Thanks,
David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
United Kingdom
Driffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi David – glad you are enjoying it.

-can you use less than your available action points if you choose to do so?

Yes there is no compulsion to use any of your actions – the rule state you MAY take upto that number of actions.

-can you shoot multiple times in your turn, until your action points are completely used?

Yes. A handgun could be fired four times if the character had four actions available. Remember after each shot the target could attempts a Snapshot action – firing back or hitting the dirt.

-for movement, the rules say characters move one square at a time into one of the three squares to their front. One example in the rules show a character moving directly to the left. Should movement be described as moving into any of the five squares to the side or front of a character?

When a character takes a WALK action they get a free turnaround (change of facing). I am guessing it is the example on page 5, column 1 you are referring to. When Will walks from the door to the bar he uses a turnaround to change facing before moving. Sorry if that is not clear in that particular example I was concentrating on moving through doors.

-I assume the "turnaround" action turns a character exactly 180 degrees.

No you can turn to face any other edge of the square. I can see how my clumsy choice of words might make you think it is only 180 degrees. From the rules: Walk/Turnaround - a character moves one square in any direction (including diagonally) and/or turnaround to change the direction they are facing. The turnaround may be before/after or instead of moving a square.

-for gun jamming, could there, or should there, be an unjamming marker instead of using a reloading marker? My opponent asked if after umjamming, is the gun fully reloaded? I think the answer is no, but a separate counter might make it clear that unjamming was taking place and not reloading.

Good question and idea – an unjamming marker might be a good idea. Once the gun is unjammed it has the same number of bullets as before – remember firing the gun when it became jammed used a bullet.

Thanks for taking the time to play the game – please ask any questions and I am always open to new suggestions and improvements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wasson
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks,

I had to read the bit about turnaround and movement several times, but I think I understand what you mean now. Turnaround simply means to change facing to any other side of the square, this is one action point. Changing facing in a square you have walked to, is always a free action. You are right about the example I referred to. Everything else you answered was quite clear.

Having fun, Thanks again!
David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.