United Kingdom
Havant
Hampshire
flag msg tools
So long and thanks for all the fish
badge
42 - Life the Universe and Everything
mbmbmbmbmb
As a recent purchaser of MoM I have been looking around for a storage solution for the game. Obviously you can get everything to fit back in the box but it is rather on the cramped side and as I am intending to paint the figures (did the undercoat today) I wanted something that would be large enough to keep them safe and be able to hold all the counters, card, tiles etc. I was planning on a foam board project for this but today I was out and found the ideal solution.

The case is an "Artbin Super Satchel Deluxe", Amazon in the UK sell them for £50 which is a bit steep but I picked mine up from Hobbycraft (http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/) for £18.

The central squares are large enough for the Shoggoths, there is more than enough space for all of the counters and the lid storage area is big enough for the rules and tiles. While I have not got the expansion sets yet (my next purchases ) the looks to be enough room to contain all the extra cards etc.

Regards

Gnome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Hogan
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's awesome! I have GOT to find this at a reasonable price in the US!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Guy

Snohomish
Washington
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the look of this. How does the size compare to the original box? Can you take a shot of them together?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R
United Kingdom
Havant
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OglBrutus wrote:
I like the look of this. How does the size compare to the original box? Can you take a shot of them together?

Size is 17.3" x 16.8" x 5", which is about 50% larger than the Width and Depth of the original box but about the same hight.

I will see if I can upload a comparison picture tomorrow.

Regards

Gnome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R
United Kingdom
Havant
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OglBrutus wrote:

As requested, here is a picture to show the size comparison of the boxes.

Regards

Gnome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Guerra Leiria
Portugal
Massamá
flag msg tools
mbmb
Gah! They won't ship to Portugal. And such a perfect box too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R
United Kingdom
Havant
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jesters_Tear wrote:
Gah! They won't ship to Portugal. And such a perfect box too!

Give google a little nudge and see if there is a local distributor that does not charge too much.

Used the box over the weekend to play out of, it worked well. I had all the set up counters in one side box, once that was finished I just turned the box round and had all the play related counters in the other side box.

I need to do something with the cards now, they are currently just in plastic bags, I am thinking I need a few tuck boxes although I need to plan that out (I have learnt my lesson form Arkham Horror, I ended up being buried in Tuck boxes and then had to change my strategy as more cards came out).

Regards

Gnome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Edgar
United States
Pace
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just stumbled across this and that is a fantastic solution! I have seen those bins before a Joann's and thought that there has to a game that would be good to put in there. I previously purchased a wooden box meant to hold art supplies (there are pictures of them being used to store Arkham Horror) and put MoM in that, but I like the look and portability of this a bit better. Great find!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Schnell
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the idea. I purchased one of these recently, and it works great, even with all the expansions. I am now eyeing one for Descent: Second Edition, considering the future expansions that are likely to come and the large monster minis. It's nice knowing that the minis you spent a long time painting will be protected from getting crushed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
THANKS, i was looking one for descent now i've found it

Gnome, does your top level with dividers or not, hard to tell by the pic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron M
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got mine and I agree that this will take a lot of the headache out of playing up the game. I used to have all my tokens in coin envelopes but as the Keeper I'd have to search through each one to find damage or horror tokens and puzzle pieces were scattered within the box. Now everything is where I can see it in neat little compartments. Great solution!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Deich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm contemplating this for descent 2e how much room is left for adding new tiles it looks like d2e is adding new tiles with every expansion so I wanted to make sure there is plenty room for growth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Schnell
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you end up buying a lot of Descent 2E, you may end up needing two of these, which happened to me (plus I painted up the first edition monsters for the Conversion Kit).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.