Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand why you roll for a villain's wounds in a temple collapse if he is just going to be removed from the board anyway.

-Munch "What am I missing?" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bartholomew

Michigan
msg tools
I'm assuming you are talking about in the co-op game. The villains do not heal wounds when they leave the board. So if a temple collapses on a villain, they get removed and placed as delayed, but if they take enough damage from the collapse, they are KO'd which means they are out for an additional turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nope .. talking competitive game

-Munch "which is why it makes no sense" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The damage roll doesn't make sense for the competitive game. It's there only for the co-op game, where it can matter (as David said).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since a Villain gives glory equal to the amount of hits it takes, when a temple collapses, and a villain takes 1d6 hits .. does that mean the hero that triggered the collapse gets that much glory?

-Munch "how is this different than an event card killing an enemy/villain and giving glory?" Wolf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wondered about that as well, but finally decided that the hero does. I figure the Hero is in the bar talking it up about how the Hero killed the villain. Since no one else witnessed it to know what really happened (the temple actually collapsed on the villain) the Hero gets the glory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamera9114 wrote:
...The villains do not heal wounds when they leave the board...

According to the designer, they do intend that the villains heal all their wounds when they leave the board for any circumstance.

Here's a question and answer dialog from 2012:

Q: "What my group encountered last night and couldn't find in the rules is that when a Villain leaves the board in a non-KO'd fashion (ie. obtained an artifact or a player beat them in obtaining an artifact) and they have been wounded, are they fully healed when they return to the board? Our group went with what made sense the most; we assumed the Villain licked their wounds (and in some cases their pride) and healed up between adventures just as a Hero would. Opinions? Official ruling that I hadn't come across yet?"

A: "Anytime a Villain leaves the board (either going out of play or Back to Base) they fully heal any Wounds they had previously taken.

Collapsing Temples do D6 Hits to a Villain, but this will likely only KO them if they are already hurt or if the Hero also plays a card of some sort (like Blizzard, Malaria, etc) to do extra damage to them in the hopes of finishing them off at the same time.

Unfortunately this was not as clear in the rulebook as it could have been. Keeping wounds on Villains from adventure to adventure doesn't really break anything significant, it just makes the Villains a lot easier to defeat (and a lot less threatening). So the Healing was meant to give the Villains more longevity and more for a Hero to be afraid of. Also to give that, "I can't let him get away" feeling when you are in the same adventure." (Jason Hill 2/27/12 BGG)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.