Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Spencer
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a solo variant I've been playing and having fun with recently. Enjoy!

OBJECT OF THE GAME: Get to the cabin where the Missing Party is and bring him back to your base cabin in 30 turns.

Each turn = 1 hour.

SET UP:
1. Roll 1d6 to locate your base cabin. The die number is where you start.
2. Roll 1d6 a second time to locate cabin for Missing Party. The sum of the first and second rolls is where the Missing Party Starts. For example first roll is 5. Your base cabin is #5. Second roll is 4. Missing Party cabin is #4. There are only 9 cabins on the board, so if the sum is greater than 9, what I do is roll again.
3. Place your “A6” person at your base and Missing Person of a different color at the other cabin.
4. Take out the Life Level Index and one blank counter in the same color as the Missing Person. The blank of the Missing Person color serves as the Turn Marker. After you get to the Missing Party's cabin, you will replace the Missing Person counter with the appropriate Person Counter (A, B, C, etc) of that color.

You are now ready to play That Certain Party.

PLAY SEQUENCE: Roll, Move, Check Status, Advance Turn Marker.

ROLL: 1d6. Compare die roll to Random Direction. The die roll is the direction of your first hex move only.

MOVE: After moving one hex (only) in the Random Direction, you may use as many of your remaining movement points any way you wish. As long as you can pay for the hex in movement points, you can go there.

Terrain values are the same with this exception: Cabin, Food and Water hexes cost only 1 to move into, regardless of terrain.

CHECK STATUS:
Cabins: Cabins move Food and Water Indexes back to “Start Here.” Place one blank counter on the cabin hex to show you've exhausted the food and water supplies in that cabin. You must end your your in the cabin to receive this benefit. You do not receive this benefit when there is a blank counter on the cabin.
Players can also rest at the cabin. Skip a turn, move the Turn Marker, and replace the current person marker(s) with the next earlier letter. For example, from D to C. You can spend as many turns as you want inside cabins.

Remember! If the cabin is exhausted, it has no food or water. Even though you are resting, you advance the Food and Water Indexes, and lose Life Levels as usual.

Deer: Move the Food Index back to “Start Here.” There is no limit to the number of times you can eat a deer.

Water: Rivers and Catch-Basins move your Water Index back to “Start Here.” Sometimes at a Catch Basin, I roll a 1d6. If the result is 6, the Catch-Basin is contaminated. Hahahaha! Place a blank on it. You can spend a turn to decontaminate it or move on.

ADVANCE TURN MARKER: The game begins with the Turn Marker under the Life Level Index at A6. Move the Turn Marker one space to the right at the end of each turn. The first time you advance the Turn Marker from O, bring it back to A. The second time you advance from O, the game is over.

WHEN YOU GET TO THE MISSING PARTY:
Roll 1d6 to determine the Life Level of the Missing Party. Replace the Missing Party counter with the appropriate Person Counter.

MOVING WITH THE MISSING PARTY
Your movement is reduced by the difference between you movement and the Missing Party, divided in half rounded down. Not as hard as it sounds. (U – MP)/2 rounded down in favor of U.

So if you have “B5” and the Missing Party is “H2” that is: 5-2=3, 3/2 = 1.5, rounded down to 1. Your movement is reduced by 1. So you only have 4 movement points.

MISSING PARTY AND FOOD AND WATER INDEXES
Whenever you move down on the Food or Water Index, so does the Missing Party. He starts at “Start Here” and moves with you. However, the Missing Party NEVER moves up. He's one sick puppy and just continues to deteriorate. Sorry.

EATING THE MISSING PARTY
It may come to this. You can eat the Missing Party after his movement = 0. Either you kill him or you wait until he dies. The Missing Party dies after being on Life Level O and having to lose another Life Level.

It takes a full turn to kill the Missing Person and another to eat him. If you kill him, you do not move in that turn. You advance the Turn Marker one space to kill him and you move the Food and Water Indexes, taking losses if indicated.

You MUST eat the Missing Person on the turn after he dies or is killed. You spend one turn in the same place and your Food Index returns to “Start Here.” You move the Water Index as usual.

Once the Missing Person is dead, you move at your full movement value. No reductions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
The show on solitaire boardgaming.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a great idea for a scenario. I can't wait to try it.

What does that last paragraph mean? Is it referring to averaging the movemmment between youself and the Missing Person?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Spencer
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fractaloon wrote:
This is a great idea for a scenario. I can't wait to try it.
Thanks!

Quote:
What does that last paragraph mean? Is it referring to averaging the movemmment between youself and the Missing Person?
Yep. When the Missing Person dies, I stop carrying him. Then I run to the Base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck dunn
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
not so nice that ... lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Spencer
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chuckdunn wrote:
not so nice that ... lol
True enough, but in the one time the Missing Person did die, I made up all these rules. I thought "Y'know. If I could eat this guy, I could make it back." Then I thought, "but you just can't eat the guy and dash. There has to be a turn penalty." Then I thought, "There's no necessity to carrying him and, if you're not carrying him, there's no movement penalty!"

Anyway, I like the ticking clock, too. I've never had a game run less than 20 turns. Most are around 25. give or take. Some have been nail biters. And I've lost my share, though when I do, it just seems like a bad day at work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.