Subject: Range issue rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sven A
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone else felt like firearms should be able to hit at a longer range? I know there is always the chance of a perfect hit but it feels odd that, for example with typically two or three dice to hit, it´s quite hard to hit anything at distance five (which seems like quite close). Enemies can walk around quite unbothered at distances of six or greater, and if they enter the los at that range, interruption is rather pointless.

Or are we missing something? Is it simply an issue of game balance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Québec
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone in the game is suffering from A-Team Firing. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Svenjard wrote:
Has anyone else felt like firearms should be able to hit at a longer range? I know there is always the chance of a perfect hit but it feels odd that, for example with typically two or three dice to hit, it´s quite hard to hit anything at distance five (which seems like quite close). Enemies can walk around quite unbothered at distances of six or greater, and if they enter the los at that range, interruption is rather pointless.

Or are we missing something? Is it simply an issue of game balance?

Game balance most likely. Consider though, that Vasquez with a Sniper Rifle has a 60% chance to make a perfect hit at any range even before spending additional CP on aiming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven A
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, but what bothers me is just that, at any range. Its always the perfect hit you wait for.

The main problem, I think, is with interruption. A good player will always try and enter los at range six or more, making interruption pointless. The best strategy for a defender seems to be to stand at, or blocking, a vital door, so the enemy must walk up to him and than attack. Seems a bit weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Svenjard wrote:
The main problem, I think, is with interruption. A good player will always try and enter los at range six or more, making interruption pointless.
This "rush towards their guns down a long corridor, don't pop out at close range" is a weird ER-ism. It doesn't accord with any sensible tactics. "Pointless" is an exaggeration though.

Really, it comes from the Interrupt restrictions, not the precise Ranged Combat system. Even if you double Ranged Combat ranges you'll still have this... thing. Change interrupts instead if you must, but better not and just play the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.