Subject: Scenario descriptions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Petraska
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone give a general description of the four scenarios in this module? Are they mostly infantry, armor, or a mix? Are they daytime or night scenarios? Are there a lot of special rules?

I already own Darkest December, which has a decent mix of scenarios. A lot if them are night scenarios, however. I'm looking for some relatively small, easy to play daytime scenarios that don't involve a lot of special rules, and I'm hoping Strass might fill that bill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Nagel
United States
Burlington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff,

Three are almost pure infantry and one almost pure armor. They're light on special rules. One has two turns of hazy conditions before going normal and another has a couple of night turns before going hazy.

HTH.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Petraska
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Mike. Are there any unique vehicles in the game - vehicles that are not already included in Darkest December? I ask only because (according to the Critical Hit web site) the module comes with AFV cards, but apparently uses counters from Darkest December.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Nagel
United States
Burlington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff,

Nothing unique, but to play the armor scenario as it was historically, you may need additional vehicles. You can either snag some from other games, uses other types to fill-in or play with half the number of vehicles (which DD should accommodate).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.