Popular Tags: [View All]
Alberto Natta
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
The concept is very simple.
Combats at the present are picked one by one and resolved.
Therefore there is a defender's order phase for each combat.

I would change such as, for the phasing player has finished his movement phase; the unphasing players can provide defender's orders for all the provinces where combat is schedule.

Then the phasing player selects from which combat to start.

The change is simple:
There is only 1 whole phase for defender's Order.
Each HQ can activate just once in that phase (instead of multiple times in the other way, which leads to exploit to manpower stepped HQs to bring in reserves to many areas).
Each HQ is entitled to move up to four units with its activation (thus spread those units in more than 1 - eligible - combat area.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Vrabel
United Kingdom
Cambridge
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Why do you make this suggestion? What does it add to the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Natta
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
It is a reworking of a current rule that in my opinion is rather foggy and hard to track on by itself - or if read correctly, potentially exploity for the defender.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jethro Hendrickx
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
No unit may take more than one action in a round.

This is stated in 9.5 It refers to activating units by spending ops, but I think it's safe to assume this applies to all units, of both the phasing and non phasing sides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Natta
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am aware Max, though meanwhile movement and building is alltoghether and then there is the combat phase; the defender's orders is sequential to the combat order therefore prone to lead into a chaotic situation of which unit has acted already and which has not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tan
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
That's me and my other pastime. I perform as John Lennon in several Beatles tribute acts.
mbmbmbmbmb
Your point is well taken and there is definitely an exploit with endlessly shuffling reserve units with manpower HQs. It may make sense to declare all defender orders at once. Why don't you play it that way and let me know if you encounter any oddities. Thanks,

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.