Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete Maidhof
United States
Islip
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am quickly tiring with determining Operational Intelligence as written. After just a couple of turns, the US quickly went into the high twenties. I am going to simply search those sectors determined by the number of air and/or signal Combat Support Points assigned to OpIntel each "1B. Operational Intelligence CSP Allocation Segment" and then determine intelligence in "2B. Intelligence Phase" by simply using the procedure outlined in [5.61-5.62] with the caviat that this will be for Operational Intelligence gathering and enemy units being searched for will not be adjacent, nor will there be anything related to Engaged or Half-Engaged.

So bottom line, for each enemy unit in a sector being searched, I will roll 12 minus the unit's mode-driven "Defensive Intelligence Value" on [5.7] Intelligence Table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Maidhof
United States
Islip
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After some turns of play, I have reduced the 12 down to 8...minus the target unit intelligence defense factor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walford

London
msg tools
you've probably moved on from this (since 2011!) but I'm just reaching the same conclusion as you reached then - there needs to be a maximum op int value and 8 seems about right

Happy New Year
Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.