No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hi Pedro

Im a fan of DVG's Hornet Leader and eagerly waiting for their UBOAT leader and Israeli Air Force Leader upcoming games. I also a fan of modern naval combat like that described in the novel 'RED STORM RISING' by Clancy. In the process of searching for a submarine combat boardgame, i found this game / gem. this is what i always envision playing, a simpler version of naval combat with air, surface and sub elements but simpler to play than Harpoon or Fleet series.

If i may ask, how do you compare this game to the air leader series ? the air leader basically play this way :

1. start by letting player choose their campaign, choose their pilots/aircrafts and choose their special campaign option and length.
2. player then proceed to play the game in a number of days (day 1 to day x depending on length).
3. Each start of the day player draw multiple target cards and he must select the primary target of the day then he proceed to plan strike against that target (preparing strike pilots , arming weapons , etc).
4. The combat resolution is done in 5 turn on a tactical display board. this is where you see if your plan and weapons you carry work against the enemy
5. After that the player write down his score (victory point , intel / recon / infra score, stress and xp) and proceed to the next day.

regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valenze
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm building a set currently and have Hornet Leader as well. It has the same feel and I am definitely looking forward to playing.

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.