Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J. Chris Miller
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played solo with the soundtrack, and it was decent, but fairly low production, and the epicness didn't quite shine through. So, I threw on Pandora and made an Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Soundtrack and it ended up being awesome! With stuff from John Williams from 1941 Soundtrack, which completely fits the theme. I did have to tweak the station a little as it played a Star Trek song 3 out of the first 6 songs haha. But it ended up being a pretty awesome alternative.

I mean no offense to Mary Beth, I just needed something a little more epic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matthew midgley
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I mashed up a random-play playlist on my ipod of soundtracks;

All four Indiana Jones Films
+
Indiana Jones and the Emeror's Tomb
+
Tomb Raider Underworld

This soundtrack playlist worked better for us than the CD which came with the game and some of the themes came in at just the right points in the game; just as an event card was played, or just as someone took a Danger cahllenge, which added to the fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk K

New Kensington
Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a big fan of the soundtrack this time around either. Usually the FFP CD's do a really good job capturing the mood of the game, but not this time around. I realize that not everyone can be John Williams, but I can't even tell what they were going for. Most of the music is slow, doesn't really lend itself to the adventure genre at all. Maybe a good score for the "romantic interlude" scenes in that type of movie, but definitely not fitting for the action sequences at all. I, too, will probably be using Indian Jones music instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.